Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 78 gs550 and charged the battery and put it back in bike. Went to push starter button and nothing. Battery tested at 13.3 and when i hit the button drops to 6.5 on meter...can i assume that the battery is no good. Also was looking for the fuses, only found 1..Have Manuel coming but a few days out..tks and stay safe

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,410 Posts
Yeah you have a bad battery. When you get the new one put it on a battery maintainer for 24 hours before using it.

· Zip
3,191 Posts
My first bike was a '78 GS550. It was a great bike for learning to ride but plenty quick and fast enough to be exciting. And the handling... outstanding. You're gonna have fun.

· Registered
20 Posts
My first bike was a '78 GS550. It was a great bike for learning to ride but plenty quick and fast enough to be exciting. And the handling... outstanding. You're gonna have fun.
Got new battery, got it running on choke and small squeeze bottle of gas..now need to address carbs...doesent seam like a lot of room. Guess I will need to remove battery and air box to create room

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.