Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all need to be reporting bad areas in roads to our local State, and towns.
This is the only way i see a lot of these areas to get addressed.
I do this all the time here in Maine.

For Maine roads.

http://maine.gov/mdot/about/regions/

I keep their zone emails in my cell..
I can send actual pictures, and the GPS co-ords right to them of the bad spots.

I'm sure most all US states have this.....

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
WAZE (smartphone app) has pothole reporting.

I don't know if the municipalities are SMART ENOUGH to start using it to direct their repair crews or not, but that's definitely the future of pothole reporting.

You drive over a pothole, press a button, your GPS location gets sent to muni, and they watch a real-time map as more and more drivers report the same pothole it flashes brighter and brighter.

I guess on some of the interstates you just press and hold the button down for your entire trip.... :(

·
American Legion Rider
18,652 Posts
You got roads to complain about. We don't even have a road after this weeks rains. And I love it. Prior to this though I reported problems so much that they said they would report me as a terrorist. Seems they don't like the same problem reported over and over and over......

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here after a bad part of road is reported....the state/town is responsible for any auto/motorbike/truck damage or accidents that happens from that spot. So they usually are quite quick at repairing it....
I've had many miles of road re-hot topped in the last 5 or so years i have been reporting it.
They are re-hot topping around 50 or so miles or roads this year because of me reporting problems.
I even bring my Drift HD Ghost n drive slow recording these areas n then emailing them to the States DOT or if a town road to the town.
I also make sure they have the GPS co-ords, and the map with highlights of these areas.
If that's what it takes.....

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
We all need to be reporting bad areas in roads to our local State, and towns.
This is the only way i see a lot of these areas to get addressed.
I do this all the time here in Maine.

For Maine roads.

http://maine.gov/mdot/about/regions/

I keep their zone emails in my cell..
I can send actual pictures, and the GPS co-ords right to them of the bad spots.

I'm sure most all US states have this.....
I should do this...

I know 16 between Embden and Concord is HORENDUS

·
Left. No, the other left.
209 Posts
Here after a bad part of road is reported....the state/town is responsible for any auto/motorbike/truck damage or accidents that happens from that spot.
They have the same rule in NYC about the city being liable for reported potholes.
After each winter, the lawyers send people out to blanket the streets and report every pothole to make it easier for the ambulance chasers to sue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts