Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,036 Posts
Unfortunately, it's impossible to find anyone who takes responsibility for their actions these days. There is always someone or something to blame. In this case it's alcohol. Or as Flip Wilson used to say, "the devil made me do it." An 18 year veteran of the Connecticut State police force allowed his greed to come slithering out of the gutter, steal this man's belongings as he lay dying on the street and then blame it on alcohol. Compassion for a fellow human being who lay dying on the highway apparently was not even a consideration.

·
American Legion Rider
20,026 Posts
You got to sink pretty low to do that but alcohol will do it do you. The good cops need to start exposing the bad cop if they ever hope to get any decent level of respect back. The bad ruin everything but those that don't speak up contribute. That not just cops. Muslims come to mind as an example. Are they all bad? I honestly don't know but they stay quiet so they may as well be.

·
Nightfly
4,036 Posts
In that tight knit community the officer who speaks out risks total ostracization. The toll it takes on their life and family is not something most want to bear. Understandably.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Muslims come to mind as an example. Are they all bad? I honestly don't know but they stay quiet so they may as well be.
OK
You want people to speak up...
...you didn't really mean to say that you do not know if all Muslims are bad, did you?

·
American Legion Rider
20,026 Posts
Yes I did. It may just be my little world but I would say the same about whites not speaking up about other whites killing blacks. When any group is silent it makes you question the whole group. Logic says it simply can't be but you begin to wonder. I see very little public condemnation of ISIS by Muslims. Do you see any where you are?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yes I did. It may just be my little world but I would say the same about whites not speaking up about other whites killing blacks. When any group is silent it makes you question the whole group. Logic says it simply can't be but you begin to wonder. I see very little public condemnation of ISIS by Muslims. Do you see any where you are?
Hog,

Without getting into the issue of "why" an individual won't speak up, your logic assumes that you know that the entire group is silent.
(Sort of an "all people are inherently evil" view of the world)
More circumspect is how and from where you are getting your information than are the motives of the group.

For the record, I personally know and have publicly seen innumerable Muslims who are disgusted by the violence and ruining of innocent lives.

Bad times make for bad people
...but bad times also makes opportunities for good people.

goalie

·
American Legion Rider
20,026 Posts
Also note that I said I don't know if all Muslims are bad. Goalie pushed that to the extreme that they all must be. I honestly don't know but I don't like the trend I see here. Silence is generally acceptance. I've heard but do not know for fact that some Muslims are afraid to speak out. If that is true it speaks volumes about them in general. They would not be afraid if they condemned and brought to justice those they are afraid of. I condemn the KKK for being racists. I do not stay silent. Although I'm beginning to rethink my position since blacks seem to want to stay in the racist world. The phrase you reap what you sow comes mind here. So, how do you want to stir the pot this time goalie?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Also note that I said I don't know if all Muslims are bad. Goalie pushed that to the extreme that they all must be. I honestly don't know but I don't like the trend I see here. Silence is generally acceptance. I've heard but do not know for fact that some Muslims are afraid to speak out. If that is true it speaks volumes about them in general. They would not be afraid if they condemned and brought to justice those they are afraid of. I condemn the KKK for being racists. I do not stay silent. Although I'm beginning to rethink my position since blacks seem to want to stay in the racist world. The phrase you reap what you sow comes mind here. So, how do you want to stir the pot this time goalie?
Hog,

I guess speaking up is "pot-stirring" when it hits too close to home? Is it not correct to speak up when someone states, "since blacks seem to want to stay in a racist world?"
Is everyone classified by groups in your world?

BTW, re-read my post. I merely asked whether you meant to say whether you do not know if all Muslims are bad. Doesn't your statement mean that you accept that as a possibility?
If you fail to see how insulting that is, so be it.

goalie

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If there were good muslims, there would be no bad ones left. There are no good muslims in the world.
Get [email protected]&king real. I know you have run into people who professed to be Christians but were anything but good people. It sounds like you are saying that if there were good Christians there would be no bad ones left. Do really believe that crap or are you just prejudiced beyond all reality? I changed just one word when quoting you and you now think I am being ridiculous. I must cry BS.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Get [email protected]&king real. I know you have run into people who professed to be Christians but were anything but good people. It sounds like you are saying that if there were good Christians there would be no bad ones left. Do really believe that crap or are you just prejudiced beyond all reality? I changed just one word when quoting you and you now think I am being ridiculous. I must cry BS.
I am real, I have not had a Christian wanting to behead me, kill me in the name of Jesus, or fly my plane into a building, and if it did happen, there would be a lot of other Christians taking care of it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I am real, I have not had a Christian wanting to behead me, kill me in the name of Jesus, or fly my plane into a building, and if it did happen, there would be a lot of other Christians taking care of it.
Going back to topic, gee I wonder if that scumsucking pickpocket cop in the original post is a Christian? :wink:

Does the "good or bad" scale have levels of acceptance?

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
And the other Christians are not putting up with it either, are they? In his defense, he isn't forcing anyone to follow his ways or have their head cut off, is he?

No doubt, he is trash, for what he did, he should spend a lot longer than a year behind bars.

·
Registered
594 Posts
The scum sucking pickpocket cop may call himself a Christian, but he certainly isn't living as one, is he?

Not at all, nor is he honoring the oath he swore. There is no excuse for this and I am glad he has been shamed publicly.

FYI- Good cops hate bad cops and we do everything we can to get rid of them. The problem is that we have a lot of unprofessional departments that don't hold their officers up to high standards.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts