Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is almost ready to go. New tires are on, maintenance items are completed, new batteries in the TPMS and Spot Tracker.

Yesterday I completed my test packing. I also weighed the gear so that I could adjust the rear shock pressure. The left and right saddle bag weight difference is within 1 pound. Most of the weight is in the seat bag. The light, bulky items are in the storage box.

Engine skid plate, lower belt guard, headlight protector installed. GPS is programmed. Tire repair equipment and two gallons of extra gasoline.

Can't wait to try this ride!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Blessings for your trip.

I hope you never have a need for the tire repair kit.

For the places and conditions you have ridden your bike, it still looks great!

I look forward to your trip report, and pictures. How long will this one take?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blessings for your trip.

I hope you never have a need for the tire repair kit.

For the places and conditions you have ridden your bike, it still looks great!

I look forward to your trip report, and pictures. How long will this one take?
Thank you! I have been very lucky on these rides, hoping for a little more luck on this trip.

14 days scheduled, full ride will be about 8400 miles.

C

·
0 Posts
I admire these type of trips you take. :thumbsup: There is no way I could ride like you do. lol

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
You are the man Rollin'. The mileage wouldn't bother me too much, but being from MN the last direction I would go is North! ;)

Be careful and have fun. Also take plenty of pics. We'll be waiting.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are the man Rollin'. The mileage wouldn't bother me too much, but being from MN the last direction I would go is North! ;)

Be careful and have fun. Also take plenty of pics. We'll be waiting.
Thank you!! Hoping to have some video also!

I agree! I hate cold weather, I don't know why I keep going north. :confused:

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
I'm jealous. Are you going to do another detailed picture thread like the last one? One of my all-time favorite threads on any forum!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm jealous. Are you going to do another detailed picture thread like the last one? One of my all-time favorite threads on any forum!
Thank you!!! I have a new camera and a GoPro for this trip so I hope to have a lot of pictures of northern Canada. I took almost 1100 pictures on the trip to Prudhoe Bay.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
I'm envious only in that I'm not up to this kind of undertaking, but thankful that you not only are, but also willing to share the adventure. Wishing you the very best!

·
6,494 Posts
Take some bug spray and bear spray.;)

I think I'd invest in a satellite phone in case of trouble and if SGT. Preston and his dog Spot---I mean King aren't around.

Are you riding alone?

Have fun and be careful.

Sam:)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I pray you have a safe trip. I know there are so many of us that enjoy your trip reports! I've read the ones on your blog several times. The photos are wonderful. As stated above, I may never see that area except thru your pics. Enjoy the trip!!

·
V65 Junky
446 Posts
Holy smokes!

I am doing almost the identical trip this summer!

All the way to Inuvik.

I am taking a spare set of tires. 17,700 km's is a long, long trip.

I hope we have good weather.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take some bug spray and bear spray.;)

I think I'd invest in a satellite phone in case of trouble and if SGT. Preston and his dog Spot---I mean King aren't around.

Are you riding alone?

Have fun and be careful.

Sam:)
Thanks Sam!
I have the bug spray, BENS 98% DEET and a bug net! Bear spray - that I may buy in Canada.

This will be a solo ride.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts