Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold the Honda CTX1300 in late spring when I thought my riding was over. About a month later I thought WTF were you thinking?!!:smile:
I bought a 2018 Suzuki DL650 and have added a few things. Its my new grocery getter and if I'm able to do long rides again it will be ready to go.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Nice bike! Congrats - I can't wait to see where you ride it to!

Reactions: Rollin'

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
What were you thinking? Welcome back. Nice looking bike, is it a thumper?

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

Nice luggage. Perfect for a great grocery getter when the grocery store is far, far away. :smile:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Meh, I think "First solo crossing of Antarctica on a motorcycle" has more of a ring to it..

·
15,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
I went back and looked again, I still only see one pipe coming out of it :)
Behind the lettering on the frame, hides another cylinder. The pipe from the rear cylinder goes down and joins the front pipe. The 650 bikes have one muffler, the 1000 bikes have two. This is the same set up for the SV sport bikes, and the VStrom bikes.
The 650 engine is much smoother than the bigger engine. The smaller bike is a nicer ride especially around town. Nearly everyone who has a 650 loves them, even for cruising with two up, and loaded with gear.
They are just sweet bikes. With the SV, the advantage of the 1000 is almost twice the power.

UK

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Behind the lettering on the frame, hides another cylinder. The pipe from the rear cylinder goes down and joins the front pipe. The 650 bikes have one muffler, the 1000 bikes have two. This is the same set up for the SV sport bikes, and the VStrom bikes.
The 650 engine is much smoother than the bigger engine. The smaller bike is a nicer ride especially around town. Nearly everyone who has a 650 loves them, even for cruising with two up, and loaded with gear.
They are just sweet bikes. With the SV, the advantage of the 1000 is almost twice the power.

UK
This has been a nice lightweight around town bike. The Vision was over 900 pounds, the CTX was over 700 and this one is only 470. Still looking forward to some longer rides.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Congrats on the New Ride Rollin one reason I keep 2 Bikes if ever do something foolish like sell my Indian .. I have promised my son the Dyna so that way before I let that go will hang on to it long enough to be damn sure before I find myself wanting to buy another .. :) My Dyna only has One Muffler as well ..

Attachments

·
15,495 Posts
True Joe, but you can see two header pipes leading to that single muffler.

·
15,495 Posts
90 degree twin. That second pipe is under there somewhere.:smile:

I see it now said the blind man. Looking at it in that picture I am going to assume it is also a tuned system.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Goodness gracious, that is a great looking bike!

The luggage is perfect on it. Looks like it can do anything. Hope you will tell us how it does on long rides!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts