Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im riding down some farm roads in between fields and a bee slams into my face at about 40mph, i wear a full face, and i think its dead. liek 2 secs later i feel a strong increasingly stinging pain and realize it didnt die and just stong me, god dang that hurt! so i think its dead now and keep riding another 40 min. i feel something running down my cheek and i thought it was a tear cuz it made my eyes water i rub it keep on riding. i finally stop and take off my helmet, the bee is still in there and its dying, but still walking around inside my helmet, damn bee's! btw fun ride went up some hills and up a moutain, got "lost" it was great. heres a pic that doesnt quite the area justice this is at the top of the mountain, the sign said 600feet above sea level aint a lot but over here it is since oxnard is like right at sea level.

http://a11.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_2f793de38f2b16efbe34c7f61775ed72.jpg n for people that kidna know the area, this is on top of the moutains that are liek right next to CSUCI

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wait till you pick up multipal stings from a wasp inside your jacket on a freeway and all before you can safely pull over and stop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Holy crap, bees in the face and wasps inside the jacket, you guys are freaking me out. Exactally how did the wasp get inside of your jacket and the bee inside your helmet????

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my wind sheild on my full face opened lol. hey it could happen in a car too so don't freak lolol. There's been a couple times when I was lil and a bee got stuck in the car when I was with my mom or dad

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm agreeing with METALLIMAN545 on this one. The majority of my own (or others) Stinging Insect Encounters (on the road) have in fact been in cars. At least ways in my old typical clunky cars with NO (working) A/C so of course the dang windows are open! I'm wondering just how MANY car accidents have been caused by drivers attempting to swat bugs while driving then smash into something?! :eek: When they enter I either just ignore the little blankety-blanks or stop the car SAFELY by the road and chase em' the hades out! :D Only one Bee (while on MC) encounter I can remember: riding thru the farmlands in the New Cuyuma Valley (CA) one got me right in the Juggler Vain! Managed to stop the bike and dig it out with a knife (passing motorists doubtless thought I was commiting Harri-Karri by the roadside?! :eek:) but that was it. Knock on wood! ;)

LRG :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol if I saew a biker with a knife to his throat in the side of the road I don't think I would stop lol. I got hit with a bee beforebut it died when it hit my face but than again I wqas going a lil faster. That hit like a quarter inch under my left eye, gave me a bruise. The thuing I hate is that you sewe it flyin toiwqrds you and the only thing that comes to mu mind is aww s*** sorry for all the typos I stopped using a comp cuz I got a blackberry : )

·
Registered
218 Posts
Riding along on a motorway (freeway) hot summersday jacket slightly undone wasp hit around throat area and dropped inside jacket multipul stings later and a strip off at side of road I killed the thing

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got hit in the face with a wasp. It happened in the Bahamas. We rented a scooter (which came with a 3/4 helmet sans face shield -- the ONE time I didn't wear a full face....). Went to brush it away and that's when it got me :( And I'm allergic. I won't go into anaphylactic shock, but I do blow up like a balloon and use benadryl.

So, there I was, on my honeymoon no less, looking really attractive with half my face swelled up (to the point one of my eyes was pretty much swelled shut) :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got hit in the face with a wasp. It happened in the Bahamas. We rented a scooter (which came with a 3/4 helmet sans face shield -- the ONE time I didn't wear a full face....). Went to brush it away and that's when it got me :( And I'm allergic. I won't go into anaphylactic shock, but I do blow up like a balloon and use benadryl.

So, there I was, on my honeymoon no less, looking really attractive with half my face swelled up (to the point one of my eyes was pretty much swelled shut) :)
HAHAHA...sorry Rebel had to laugh. This made me think of the movie Hitch you all swollen up just drinking a bottle of benedryl. :) Stupid bugs!!!!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAHAHA...sorry Rebel had to laugh. This made me think of the movie Hitch you all swollen up just drinking a bottle of benedryl. :) Stupid bugs!!!!!!
LOL! Now that you mention it, I did look a lot like Hitch.... :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Beware the June Bugs!!!

****! Got a speck on my shades....gotta clean that next time I stop...wait a minute, that speck is on both lenses...****, that's not a speck ...SMAK!!!!...am I bleeding? Lip is swelling already!! That june bug was huge!!!!

That's about how mine went lol

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh god......I am never riding with my face shield up again. This is some scary ****. Especially the multiple wasp stings while riding.

*shudder*

·
Registered
262 Posts
Riding along, T-shirt, helmet, jeans, Chillin. BEASUTIFUL, right?
bam, bam, bam. Felt like I just got shot about 10 times.
Drove threw a SWARM of bees. All bouncing off my chest and helmet like BB's.
LUCKILY, no stinging was involved. Risks of riding the Beautiful country roads I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got CHASED by a bee once. It was the weirdest thing...the little bugger started buzzing around my head when I was going like fifteen, and I figured that I would accelerate away from it...but the **** thing followed me until I was going like thirty miles an hour.

I don't think it liked me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I never had a bee fly in my helmet or anything...been smacked in the face by them but never stung.

But this is crazy....my dad had a ringneck pheasant fly off a bank and smack him in the side of the helmet and almost broke his neck. They said if he wasn't as big and strong as he is...it would have snapped his neck...it hit so hard the feather and the gold color of the bird were imbedded in the helmet...they acually still are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts