Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I'm from Union City, IN. Married w/2 girls. I'm new to motorcycles and am having a great time. I'm currently riding my starter bike wich is a 1986 Suzuki GS550L. I like it but it needed some love. That didn't scare me as I haven't taken a vehicle to the shop in 10 years eccept when it requires large specialty tools (i.e. alignment racks ect.) So far I have lubed the cables, replaced chain, COMPLETELY dissasembled and cleaned carbs, ballanced carbs, dissasembled and cleaned petcock, replaced front brake switch, and that's about it so far. I also love my PS3 in the winter. Send me a friend request if you would like. PSN name is the same.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Motorcycles are great for do-it-yourself kind of people. Tinkering, personalizing, and modifying seems to be a never-ending quest to those of us who enjoy that kind of thing.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Hey,Neighbor

Just went through UC last week end to the gas engine show at Portland IN.
So,did you make it to The Great Darke County fair??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, I haven't been there in years. I've got a fear of crowds. I always feel hemmed in, like I can't breathe. That main area where most of the food is located is just to much for me. That's probably why I like the open air riding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure I'm not the only guy to steal a couple of my wifes mason jars for soaking carb jets & needles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sunday Dawn

Just went through UC last week end to the gas engine show at Portland IN.
So,did you make it to The Great Darke County fair??
I start a ride just before dawn on sunday mornings. :smiley_drinkcoffee: If you are in the area we could ride to some dinner for breakfast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts