Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving from the McDonalds Restaurant on Route 5 in Wallingford, Connecticut, for Jamestown Island (Beavertail Lighthouse, and Chopmist Charlie's afterwards, for Lunch).

Ride leaves PROMPTLY at 8 AM, and will be an all day event (back home by mid-afternoon).

It's a "Saturday." Plan on coming along!! Various groups invited, from various locations. Could use a couple of Road Captains, if anyone would like to serve in that capacity.

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Found "BikerorNot (strange title) and Registered, and then posted the event.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a way to Search by State in there? I'm still looking around.

-soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dannytoo: too bad bro........would love to have you along.

Zippy: you comin along? Bring friends!!

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too bad we are too far apart, hawk.

-soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ride Update:

So far, I have involvement (bodies) from work, CMRA, CMA, and
local Churches; and promotional work being done with the Blue Knights, (PO's), the Red Knights (Firemen) and a couple of 1%'er groups.

This particular "Jamestown Island Run" should be quite interesting in its blending!!

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This August 15th ride is now being advertised on the CMRA (Connecticut Motorcycle Riders Association) website:

http://www.thecmra.com/events.php

Turns out it is the day before a Poker Run sponsored by them I guess, but OUR "run" is free!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Soupy, thank you for celebrating my birthday with your ride. Have fun and I'll think of you all.

Might even have a bike again by then, if so will take a little tootle with the Perfect Pillion on the back somewhere for a celebratory lunch.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Dannytoo: too bad bro........would love to have you along.

Zippy: you comin along? Bring friends!!

-Soupy
My dad is going in to get his arteries unclogged on the 12 at Yale New Haven. It would all depend on how he is doing. I can't give a definate answer yet

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zippy: Would be great to have you along, Zippy! Best wishes to your Dad!!

Kiwi Steve: No worries M8! We'll have a toast to you at our Lunch stop, fair dinkum!!

Eye: Yeah, it could be interesting!! But then again, so are most bike rallies!

I'm hoping that my body and my bike hold up, on this one. It's a great ride!

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not that it was necessary or anything, but because I wanted to be courteous about it, I called the local McDonalds Restaurant where this ride will originate from, and spoke to the Manager, who then referred me to "Corporate" (????).

Since I don't know if the number of bikes that could potentially show up, would be more than 100, I figured I'd best "warn" them NOT to be alarmed about it.

Obviously it would mean revenue for them, but yet is early enough in the morning where it won't be a crunch on the normal customer flow (other than the elderly that tend to swarm to McDonalds for breakfast).

Anyway.........got their "blessing" and I felt good about another "t" crossing on my list of "to do's" for this event.

-Soupy

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Hey, I resemble that remark. I stop in at Mickey D's for breakfast from time to time. I like the sausage burritos with what they call hot picante sauce. The other old farts are the ones I feel for.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oldman47: You're not alone, or at least so my wife tells me. When I feel like a twenty year old, she reminds me that I'm "old" ...........is 58 old? (lol)

-Soupy

1 - 20 of 49 Posts