Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Unbelievable SAVE!!!

It's great to see a happy ending to one of these incidents. Usually the result is a tragic tale.

This ending is amazing. God was definitely looking after this guy.
He's got quite a story to tell!

dT

·
Registered
467 Posts
Holy crap!

Now I have to wonder if he's going to swear off motorcycles. I don't know if I'd keep riding after something like that.

·
American Legion Rider
21,127 Posts
Amazing!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'd like to see the report on injuries sustained by the rider, no doubt the gear saved him as there was no blood evident in the video.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Lucky bast*rd!!! While I totally agree it was all the gear which probably saved him, it is also possible that all the gear is what was keeping him wedged in place. The way he is positioned, it is possible that without some of the gear the truck may have rolled right over him rather than drag him a couple hundred feet. It looks to me like his back protector hooked the axle.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,798 Posts
If it was me I would definitely need a new set of britches.

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
Actually, he appears to only have: helmet, armoured jacket, and gloves. "Full protective gear" would include: some sort of riding pants (chaps, or other, with/without armor), and boots, not shoes. With his lower half being unprotected, I'd say he faired much better, much more miraculously, than I would expect. His pants may have been Kevlar, or some other protective material, but they certainly appeared to be normal, non-motorcycling fabric on the video. Really glad he is doing well.

Another miracle is that there was a trained Firefighter who just happened to be on his way to work. The newscaster stated that he took charge of the situation, and organized the Good Samaritans into coherent action. Amazing story. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts