Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the "Donnie Williams" cone / maze course video making its rounds on Facebook? Can't post URLs yet I guess, so if you Google the above in quotes, you'll find it on Youtube.

It's some dude riding an obstacle course / maze with about 3 1/2' of clearance around the entire things. Just blew my mind! What control! Where are the instructions on training for this? It looks like an aweseome skills challenge.

Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I love it! I love how the rider makes it look so effortless. He hardly moves his body like he's meditating on a bike..."Zen Riding" or something! I mean if I'm practicing, it would make sense to practice these slow, tight maneuvers. No intention to ever get this good necessarily, but it just looks like a fun thing to master.

·
Super Moderator
2,070 Posts
If you're googling around look up Eddie Chan. Motor out of the SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's a bada$$ too!

Yep, that dude can tear up a maze course too! I am so fascinated by the slow turn drills. Once I get my bike back from the mechanic, I can't wait to practice stopping drills and tight turns in a big open parking lot!

Jj

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
If you like to watch them use a Google of Police Motorcycle Contests. Those guys do amazing things at low speeds.
Yes, once you have the skill it is easier to sit back and relax than to get all worked up when demonstrating that skill. Even at my beginner level of performance that is true. The zen meditation approach works very nicely. You look where you want to go and then just go there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts