Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Yamaha Eluder seems like a dream come true for a nice touring mount if one doesn't want the traditional Harley, Indian or Goldwing. I went to Yamaha's web page and read all about it and I'm impressed:grin:

2018 Yamaha Star Eluder
$18,999

The ultimate V‑Twin bagger combines huge, emotional V‑Twin power and near‑sport tourer level handling with state‑of‑the‑art comfort, styling and infotainment features.

Does RonK have one of these?

Sam:nerd:

·
American Legion Rider
26,011 Posts
I believe RonK rides one and likes it a bunch.

Reactions: Porky

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Ronk rides one, one of my ridding partners has one. Both of them seem to love them.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The engine for the Eluder is sort of evolved from my Yamaha Raider (that got it from the Warrior & Stratoliner) it's an awesome engine. I've sat on Eluders at the showroom & am looking forward to test riding one someday. Very well built bike!

Not sure if the name "Eluder" really sits well with me though.. Was "Evader" already taken? :D

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess RonK doesn't want to opine???:plain:

He's probably out riding while I'm at work typing:surprise:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
He knows you never listen to him anyway. He will probably tell you he has already posted his opinions (he has) and will tell you to look it up.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How presumptuous of both of you:plain:

·
Very Famous Person
10,003 Posts
--

By popular demand, here I am. :kiss: Sure, I have an Eluder. While one of my Road Stars is just for winter in Arizona, the Eluder is now for the summer and the rest of the USA. How do you like them apples?

If you want to see some videos on the Eluder (which is like the 2018 Star Venture without the rear big seat and storage box mostly), here is a link on the bike by itself and another comparing it to other baggers:

https://ridermagazine.com/2018/02/26/video-review-2018-yamaha-star-eluder/

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DGAR/26/video-review-2018-yamaha-star-eluder/

--

1 - 8 of 8 Posts