Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong section, but this seems to be the only place I'm allowed to post at the moment.

I just bought this 1995 Honda vfr 750 and within a couple minutes dropped it on it's side. After cussing profusely and picking it back up, I noticed this small circular piece laying on the ground. I for the life of me can't figure out where exactly it came from. I included some pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
That's my guess as well. Welcome to the forum!!! :D

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
Ah yeah I forgot to introduce myself. My names Steve thank you all for the greetings?.
Oh heck, I'm falling down on the job and should have just banned ya.:devil: So where are you from anyway?

WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Normally just a few more posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site
will open to you. This is the sites spambot control. Unfortunately it
is needed today. But you have to make 15 posts before you can post
pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege to be able to post
pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow gets around
that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,521 Posts
You might have to take it in and lay it on the parts counter at Honda and ask what is it and what's it for?
+1

I seem to remember messing with a part like this on my 12 CBR250 but for the life of me cant seem to remember from where on it, it has been a few years since it has been gone and away from me. so sorry, and welcome.

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
You might have to take it in and lay it on the parts counter at Honda and ask what is it and what's it for?
There ya go. That's the only real way to know unless someone recently had one in their hands.

This weekend I found a single screw on the ground. Looking at it I knew I had seen it somewhere on a bike but I couldn't place where. I was about to just hand it to the parts gal, yes gal, at HD where we were having coffee and donuts when my old riding buddy showed up. He was a wrench for years at HD. He took one look and knew immediately where it went. But not because he had to remove and install that screw. No, he just happened to have had to put locktite on some on his bike just a few weeks prior. But once identified the light bulb went off as I went, that's where I saw it. So for grins I laid it on the parts counter and the gal goes, "you need a set or just one?". Yep, she knew instantly what it was. So hit your parts counter folks up if you truly need to know. You might get surprised and be glad you asked.

·
Ace Tuner
3,772 Posts
I'm thinking it might be a collar that goes in a rubber grommet in the fairing and goes with a screw/fastener that has a flange on it.
If it is a collar it might be used to fasten the fairing to the steel fairing stay up front near the headlight area located in such a way that it would be hard to see without disassembling some parts... Just a wild guess.
Heck, could it have been on the ground before you even dropped the bike??? :coffeescreen: :surprise:

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
The item does offer a couple of clues. There are no threads, so something else holds it in place. The color. Does it match the same color on the bike. It does look like a rubber bushing should go around the smaller part, and a bolt goes thru the central hole. The outer larger diameter part would hold something in place. Like a body part / fairing. The solid construction indicates a heavy fairing, not light plastic.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
Did you look at the top of the forks or triple tree. I know I've seen that thing somewhere and tthose two spots might be one of them.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Seems like there was a part like that, maybe a bit smaller, on a '95 Goldwing I had a few years ago. I'm thinking it might have been a mount for the saddle bags, but I've slept since then and knocked my head on a few things to boot. :)

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
I hope you let us know what it is. Hopefully you won't crash because it's missing so can't. But it would be great if you do discover what is whether part of your bike or not. Curiosity killed the cat I know, but I'm curious now.:smile:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts