Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im from oxnard ca, in about 30 days (may 9th), im going to ride to sd, me and my gf are going to patch things up, im going to poway to be exact, ive never left oxnard for more then a weeklet alone by myself, navigating, this may be a lil weird, but, if anyone can like, you know help out it would be extremely appreciated.
"help how?" you might be asking yourself.
well. if any of you happens to be around the area of Oxnard California, on that day or plan on going just to SD that weekend and would be willing to let me ride along side, would be extremely helpful, especially, if your going to be coming back up north around 1pm-2pm on the 10th.
so help a fool in love, thanks. :confused:
-Adrian
btw, im really horrible with maps, i map quested her house, and the general way to sd, go on the 101 then to the 405, but then it starts jumping around, to be honest i got scared just looking at the map. i know its always funner to ride with someone else rather then solo, just like in a car. thanks.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just get on your bike and ride you will do fine and when you get there it will all be worth it I am sure and even if its not you had a good ride, hell if I wasn't on the east coast I would ride along with ya! but only if you GF had a hot friend for me LOL

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just get on your bike and ride you will do fine and when you get there it will all be worth it I am sure and even if its not you had a good ride, hell if I wasn't on the east coast I would ride along with ya! but only if you GF had a hot friend for me LOL
hahah, imjust nervous as ****, never left that far for that long of a period by myself. if no one can help, it looks like i will have to cruise on over bymyself. but ill have a copy of my map. stop ever 40 miles or so after i get on the 405

·
Registered
661 Posts
you will do fine for sure so long as your bike is in good condition and such, stop as much as you like its your trip:)

take lots of pics and post them here and ya never know this could change the way your future rides will go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you've got deep pockets, "TomTom" makes a nice GPS for motorcycles that's impervious to all weather. It will get you from point "A" to point "B" with little trouble

I'm getting one....as soon as I hit the lottery

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you've got deep pockets, "TomTom" makes a nice GPS for motorcycles that's impervious to all weather. It will get you from point "A" to point "B" with little trouble

I'm getting one....as soon as I hit the lottery
Thats a very good idea but you do not have to have deep pockets for a good GPS anymore:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you knowof a GPS make/model that is weatherproof, I'd sure appreciate the direction to one. I've looked into the hand held models, but I can't picture myself pulling it out very often while riding

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you knowof a GPS make/model that is weatherproof, I'd sure appreciate the direction to one. I've looked into the hand held models, but I can't picture myself pulling it out very often while riding
you could always buy a Garmin GPS street pilot III color talking and good navigation and controls and I have seen them for like 30 bucks on ebay...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've looked into that model earlier..... don't get it wet!

The problem is that, I ride in all kinds of weather; and my bike ('65 pan)vibrates enough to make a good woman scream. Additionally, most models don't come with the capabilities to hook up to bikes electrically or on a windshield with such a tight radius.
I considered the models with battery power, but most last 2-4 hours. I'm just out of the gate at that point.

On the other hand, the 65 is coming off the road for restoration, as soon as I finalize my loan for a RoadKing, so ya never know!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've looked into that model earlier..... don't get it wet!

The problem is that, I ride in all kinds of weather; and my bike ('65 pan)vibrates enough to make a good woman scream. Additionally, most models don't come with the capabilities to hook up to bikes electrically or on a windshield with such a tight radius.
I considered the models with battery power, but most last 2-4 hours. I'm just out of the gate at that point.

On the other hand, the 65 is coming off the road for restoration, as soon as I finalize my loan for a RoadKing, so ya never know!

What are you kidding me I ride in everything from cold to torrential down pour and My Garmin street pilot III Ducati performance edition is right there hell I even wash the bike with it still mounted and in the year I have been using it no problems at all!!!! too bad that when it came with my bike Ducati got 1800.00 for it:)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you could always buy a Garmin GPS street pilot III color talking and good navigation and controls and I have seen them for like 30 bucks on ebay...
what kinda mount do you use? i placed a bid on that type of GPS. are they hard to use?

·
Registered
661 Posts
what kinda mount do you use? i placed a bid on that type of GPS. are they hard to use?
I have a factory Ducati mount and the factory Ducati hard wire kit as this one is the Ducati Performance edition that came with my Multistrada 1000:D

Waterproof,talks,navs well, I think it is the street pilot III advanced or some such thing.

you can easily get a tech mount (i sell these) and there may be kits around to allow you to hard wire it into your bikes electrical system:)

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
Harley Davidson sells a GPS system for $500 (Not including the mounting kit which goes for $80) There may be less pricey models out there also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts