Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Great pic and true dedication right there! I ride in the "cool" (down to like 40F/4C) but nothing like that!

Reactions: ketil.juul.olsen

·
Registered
110 Posts
Zamboni is an Ice Machine

Much like your Motorcycle, These Ice Machines can resurface Ice.
Your Bike has Spikes to dig for Traction and creates divots.
A Zamboni fills divots in the Ice Surface by spraying a layer of water and creating a Smooth surface of loss of traction.
Used in the game of Ice Hockey, Figure Skating and Ice Skating in general.

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,504 Posts
I don't own a car so only thing I got to ride is my bike or my semi. I use rope for traction in slick spots on my bikes. Not saying I ride in deep snow, only if I need to get out of tight places like a parking lot covered in ice.

·
On The Road Again!
4,191 Posts
There is no way I'd ride my bike in the winter here. Around here, they cover the roads in SALT every time there is even a threat of snow. That damned salt just eats up cars. I can only imagine what it would do to my bike.
No thanks.

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
Fortunately winter here is just cold and short lived if ice/snow. Have ridden down to 18º but sure don't like it. Black ice hides in the shadows. Now in my old age and a tiny amount of sense gained over the years, I try not to ride below 35º because of black ice.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I guess I'm a little weird with how I do things. My swim season for Lake Michigan begins late April (hypothermic waters) and ends in early November (lukewarm or hypothermic depending on how warm the summer was). I love getting every minute I can in the water, even if it's basically months after or before anyone else wants to give it a try. :)

I'm expecting the same silliness with bikes. The Buell will get stored for the winter, however I'll probably ride the Rebel and whatever the #3 is up until the winter gets seriously "midwestern".

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Guilty as charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts