Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't actually have my bike yet (I'll have it in about 2 weeks), but I've found my list of potential riding buddies has dwindled to one person, my coworker (and she's an older woman who rides a three wheeled doom-cycle). Don't get me wrong I love the woman and all but she loves to take those twisties kind of fast, and I'm still a n00b.

That being said, anybody out and about in Tucson who wouldn't mind riding around with a newbie? Backroads are preferred, the less traffic the better. :) I just don't want to go out there all by myself being so new. I'm just a baby biker, as my boss lady puts it... :p
I can work with Marana area too, I grew up out there so I know the roads pretty well, especially Picture rocks area and a little but of Avra Valley.

Oh, and I'm getting a CB500F :)

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

In addition to taking an MSF class, the next thing that helps is reading books and/or videos on bike riding. Then comes slow speed practice in a parking lot. Then you are ready for the highway.

Don't feel you have to really get your feet wet traveling all over the country on the back roads. In fact, when starting out, a good thing to do is to pick a little used road that has a lot of variety on it and just go back and forth. Remember, you're not going just to see new country, you are training.

Then you're ready for traveling afar and maybe with someone more experienced.

--

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely no intentions of going on a road trip until I feel ready RonK :) I'm getting my bike on Saturday and my Dad (an experienced and well seasoned biker... don't tell him I said well seasoned. He doesn't think he's old yet ;P ) promised to help me practice in the parking lot of a nearby church. Then I'm just going to cruise around my neighborhood around the block to get used to the bike at speeds of 25-30 :)
I took the MSF course in June, but I'm definitely going to go back for the advanced courses when I'm ready. I learned a lot from that class, it was such a good feeling when it all started to click.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just joined the forum and get my new bike this week. So if you still need some support, guidance, and company, I'd enjoy joining you.

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
I just joined the forum and get my new bike this week. So if you still need some support, guidance, and company, I'd enjoy joining you.
--

If you get your wish, remember his name/description. You'd better wear a high collar. And watch out if he invites you over for a bite. :biggrin:

--

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha it's hard to see the gender past the gear sometimes. Don't worry.
I still don't have a bike yet though... :'(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts