Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Clymer manual says that I need to tighten these bolts to specified torques. I imagine the only way to do that is with a torque wrench. Now, I can understand that being done with your garden variety bolts, but some of them are Allen bolts. Is there a torque Allen wrench? Do torque tools come in a universal variety that allow them to work with a variety of standard wrenches? Googling for these things doesn't quite tell me what I need to know.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have about a zillion allen and torx (Registered Trade Mark) sockets, or bits that snap onto the 3/8 or 1/2 drive torque wrench.
I can be done just like a socket on there for sae or metric.
dc

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
I have about a zillion allen and torx (Registered Trade Mark) sockets, or bits that snap onto the 3/8 or 1/2 drive torque wrench.
I can be done just like a socket on there for sae or metric.
dc
+1

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Cycle Gear had a 50% off deal going on a set of metric T-handle allen wrenches. I bought a set and they changed my life.

Now I need to find a phillips bit to use with my socket wrench so I can get my bar ends off. I think Kawasaki super-glues them on at the factory or has the Jolly Green Giant torque them.

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
CB: You might look into a manual impact tool, the kind you hit with a mallet or, even better, a dead-fall hammer. Less likely to strip the head out with one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i second getting an impact driver, you should be able to find allen, torq or inverted torq sockets to fit your basic ratchets at most auto stores or sears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts