Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any others out there who have a Yamaha SVTC? Of so, what kind of mods have you done?
Please share!

·
Very Famous Person
10,021 Posts
--

Just gave my Eluder to my son. He's only 53 and can handle the moving it around when parking easier than I can. LOL :bigthumb: The Eluder doesn't have reverse or I might have kept it.

--

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
--

Just gave my Eluder to my son. He's only 53 and can handle the moving it around when parking easier than I can. LOL :bigthumb: The Eluder doesn't have reverse or I might have kept it.

--
Yea @RonK I remember you from one of the FB pages. I know you had given up your Eluder. How’s the arm doing? Are you going to be able to go back to riding?

·
Very Famous Person
10,021 Posts
--

One arm will never quite work like new, but I ride anyway. I used to post on several Star sites, that's where I've seen your many posts. I've been on this site for years.

Riding my Road Star 1600 is a lot easier. (y)

--

·
Registered
248 Posts
--

--
The Eluders are a beautiful looking bike. How did you like it?

·
Very Famous Person
10,021 Posts
--

The Eluder (which is like a Yamaha SVTC without some items like reverse gear and the big passenger seat) was a newer generation of bike improvements over my 2000 Road Star. On the highway it was nice having the cruise control, radio, gps, and more power. Probably only a Gold Wing is a more plush touring bike. Noticeably it's much more top heavy when not moving on the road compared to the R* and I didn't like that it only took 91 octane only. But then when I had my GW I could never get out of the 30s mileage wise, while I was able to get in the high 40s sometimes on the Eluder. With my R*, I often get low 50s on regular gas.

--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts