Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ride on big'uns!!!

I'm 6'4" 350lbs. I'm a former football player so think Huge shoulders and arms, 42 inch waist and due to the wifes good cooking now I got a little gut. Kinda Bob Sapp'ish I ride a Suzuki M109r. I feel good on my bike, although some highway pegs are in the near future. Contrary to popular belief this 1800 v twin has a lot of power and is very fast. I get compliments on the bike and how I look on it often. It's more about the confidence you exude when you're on the bike. In fact some 20 somethings flashed me at the stoplight a couple of weeks ago. Wifenwasnt too happy about that :biggrin: So if someone clowns you, screw em, especially if they aren't on twos. Ride safe big boys and big sexy ladies out there and see ya at a buffet near you soon... and often LOL! :71baldboy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
morning,so happy to share those thread with me,funny,laught,feel good.................
i have honda shadow,but i am smaller ,feel happy,lol,lol......

·
Nightfly
4,133 Posts
Hello Gentlemen, and Ladies if you're on here too!

I'm an author working a book set here in Australia, and I wondered whether any of you biker boys would mind answering some questions for me?

My main character is a young guy, 6'3 in height and a fairly decent build (not overweight, but rather well muscled, if any of you have seen the TV show Supernatural think Sam or Jared Padelecki) anyway I need advice on a bike big enough to fit this guy. I wanted something modern-ish I was thinking a Triumph Tiger? Only because I saw one recently and thought it might be tall enough to fit my guy.

I'm completely in the dark when it comes to bikes, so any help you could give would be very much appreciated!

Thanks everyone, hope to hear back from you soon! :)
I wish you luck with your book but you'll get a thousand different answers from the forum guys. You're the author, pick the bike and make it work. I'm 6'3" 235 pounds and ride a Harley Sportster. Speaking only for myself I feel the bike fits me like a glove. I love it and the only thing I'm going to change is the horsepower. There are many bikes that could fit your scenario, if it were me, I'd be doing some research and make an intelligent decision as to what bike you see your guy riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
6'0, 200 pounds. I WAS riding a 77 kz650, But i just acquired a buell x1. Fitts like a glove and has a kickass sound to boot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
His gain was my gain.

I bought my Buell from a guy who felt he was getting too big for it.

He was only 6'/240 but after seeing a picture of himself, on the bike, he couldn't get over it.

They are kinda tiny. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im just on the taller side, 6'5 and 210 lbs. Was funny though I just started riding in May on a cbr125, lol... I think I was heavier than the bike and my ass hung off both sides of the seat. Got a sv650 just last week so I don't look as awkward now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'2'' and weight in the 300s, I ride a CBR500r and love my bike, I know I'm on the fat side and look big on my bike, but when I'm riding, I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm enjoying myself.

If riding is something you enjoy, don't let what others think stop you.

Happy riding everyone!

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Large

Friend Dave in Bellingham is large. 6 foot plus and more than 250. He races a 1200? Ducati. At The Ridge track in Shelton WA, there are quite a few crashes on turn 4. Problem is the faster bikes are getting air over a rise in the track and getting out of attitude. But not Dave. Says the extra pound keep him on the pavement.
I am 5' 6" and a little bit, and 160.

Unkle Crusty*

·
So long
2,739 Posts
I'm 6'1" tall and weigh 175 lbs and in good shape. I'm not a large guy, but I'm 68 years old and found that age plays a roll in being comfortable on sport bikes, too. I had an '07 Ducati Monster 1000, but it was a tight fit for longer rides.

A couple of years ago I searched for a new bike and did a lot of test riding. I felt cramped on 600cc super sports. The 1,000 cc sport bikes weren't much better with high rearsets and low bars. I found my current bike an '07 BMW K1200R Sport and fell in live with the fit! It's classified as a sport tourer, but it's more of a roadster.

Here's a couple of snapshots. One sideview of the bike and the other with me on it.

·
American Legion Rider
20,598 Posts
Dang! The K bikes really changed. That looks nothing like my K100 from 88.

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
6'4 260-270 LBS guy on a Ninja 650R

Hastily taken, low quality pics.
From the front, not too bad.

From the back, I make that thing look TINY.
I think you look fine from either angle... huge guys on little bikes only look a bit off from the side in my opinion. From the front or back doesn't really show.

Unless you're this person... this might show from the back :biggrin:

141 - 160 of 187 Posts