Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big guy. I ride a sport bike. The other day a friend took a photo of me while on my bike, and I realized that I look like a tool on a sport bike. But, I don't really care. If anything, its good incentive for me to get back on my diet!

Any other bigger sport bike riders out there?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm fairly big, but I ride a sport touring bike. 5' 11' and 250lbs, but my bike is huge for what it is, so I'd say it fits me :p I'll have to snap a pic to see what I really look like

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
I'm far from big(160 soaking wet at 6 ft tall) As long as your feet touch the ground your cool. I saw a guy on a cbr 1000 that must have been over 350 lbs and his feet barely touched the ground. He was on his tip toes trying to stop, it looked stupid...the guy must have been like 5"3

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just reminded me of a guy at work he is a huge black guy about 5'6 300+ lbs he rides a 83 Yamaha sport bike (not sure of model) but it is kinda comical to see. But alas I am one to talk I am 6'2 340 and am looking to buy a ninja 650r

·
A Not-so "Senior" Member
497 Posts
im 5'7/5'8 at a cool 230, sporting a 500 ninja...i look to big for it, but once i upgrade the bike, and downgrade the weight, ill be good to go xD...

its funny-cause any1 who laughs at you for riding a bike that looks small-just wants to ride one too :coffeescreen:

:71baldboy:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not large myself at 150 pounds and 6' in height, but I don't laugh at people who seem "big" on their bikes. It's all good in my book as long as aren't 500 pounds and riding a Ninja 250... now that might look awkward.

·
Registered
69 Posts
where is the "this thread is worthless without pics" smilely?

I'd like to see what some bigger guys (such as myslef) look like on a sportbike...so I don't have to see me on my bike :p

·
A Not-so "Senior" Member
497 Posts
lol man that is so bomb! ahah!

its like one of those clowns on a small 2 inch bike! ^^

i no mean to offend this guy, but still funny :coffeescreen: ...at least he has the guts to ride right!? (i know people who are around 250 in water weight, so they look bigger than they are, who wont ride a motorcycle till there 150...it es sad...)

but hey, im more muscle...just got the belly and the legs of a bigger guy :D

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the photo of me:

I mean, I guess I don't look THAT bad. Luckily I'm a short guy, so I only look a bit too round for the bike instead of too big, haha. Still, it's good motivation to lose some weight. :)

I guess I can rest easy in the fact that I look like less of a tool on a sport bike than a squid in a wife beater and flip flops does!

·
A Not-so "Senior" Member
497 Posts
you dont look to big on that thing at all IMO...(every1 used to seeing those squids with bony legs n whatnot on the sport bikes is why i think bigger guys seem a little awkward :p)

what IS funny to watch...is the bigger guys mounting their sport bikes! ahha...my mom recorded me getting on mine for the 1st time...i couldnt stop laughing :biggrin: :coffeescreen:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Occasionally I go down town to look at myself in some mirrored windows to make sure Im still cool :)

6'2" and 215 on my sv650 and I think I look great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
6'4 270 or so (264 this morning wearing my "birthday suit"). Ride a ninja 650R and have no problems. Going to have to get my picture taken on the bike at some point.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts