Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all...

Just wondering if there's any Northern California riders here? I like to sport-tour or dual-sport.

I'm located near Modesto and Stockton, but I'm willing to ride 100+ miles just to a starting point, if necessary.

My bikes are a CBR1000 and KLX400. I ride both like an "adult," but that's not to say slow...

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you head up near Tahoe I can meet up with you. I live just the other side of the hill in Carson. I ride over an hour just to go get a burger. ;) I ride a cruiser but don't care what I ride with as long as I am riding. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you head up near Tahoe I can meet up with you. I live just the other side of the hill in Carson. I ride over an hour just to go get a burger. ;) I ride a cruiser but don't care what I ride with as long as I am riding. :D
I'm about 3 hours from Tahoe, but one of my group's favorite rides is east over Sonora Pass and north on 395 to "Red's Ol' 395" in Carson City. We do that a couple of times a year!

The ride home is HWY 50 to Tahoe, 89 south to Markleeville (the old hotel there has a great lunch, btw) then east on HWY 4 over Ebbett's pass, all the way to Copperopollis! The route is TONS of fun and twisties!!!

And fyi, the groups are usually about 10 bikes. About half are sporty and the rest cruisers and/or touring. We ride in two "flights" but reconvene numerous times along the way! It's as much a social event as it is about riding! And other than "slighty" exceeding the speed limit, no one gets too crazy. Everyone is a skilled rider, with no squids allowed!

At the VERY least, maybe you can join us for lunch, but of course, you're welcome to ride with us as well! :)

PM me for details...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excellent! Red's is great as is the place in Markleville. Haven't been all the way to Copperopolis but usually get to the end of the Deer Valley and some lake (the name escapes me) before turning around and heading back up. Sonora pass is on my list as I never seem to make it by there until it is snowing. :rolleyes: I have ridden past the turn off twice so far this year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cool!

I'm heading down to Bishop this weekend for some camping and such. Taking the Jeep though as we are hanging out at Mule Days for my girl and her friends. I will be surely drooling at all the side roads off of 395.

It is definitely time for some mountain runs!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool!

I'm heading down to Bishop this weekend for some camping and such. Taking the Jeep though as we are hanging out at Mule Days for my girl and her friends. I will be surely drooling at all the side roads off of 395.

It is definitely time for some mountain runs!
I'm so sorry, we were up in Carson on Saturday. I told ya, I'd let you know, but it totally escaped me! :-(

We had 9 bikes 7 sport bikes and 2 standards. This was the route

I'll be sure to let you know next time!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the Sacramento area. My bike still needs quite a bit of work to be ride ready, but I think it would be alot of fun to get together with some other riders. That reminds me. Anybody here taking the ride up to Reno in August?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, time flies....

I live in between Reno and Carson so I *might* ;) be in Reno in August. I do now however have a job so my riding time has been capped. On the good side though, I work at Big Valley Honda and get to sit on bikes all day long. :)

Look me up though when coming this way, I think we are moving back to being closed on Sunday. So I should have a day for riding!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I live up towards Coulterville and I think there are a few sport bike clubs around Modesto area. I ride a Goldwing and I’m old and slow so normally I’m too slow for the sport bike guys. I even do Coulterville to Mariposa on my Goldwing but not in a hurry. Check with the bike shops on Carpenter Rd, or the Honda dealership in Manteca they can probably hook you up with some of the groups.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.