Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to purchase my first jacket soon and was looking around at my local powersports shop (beechmont motorsports) at helmets and i saw a jacket that i am considering buying. It was an ICON leather (blue/white) priced at $199 and seemed like a good deal. i didnt get to write down the jacket model or anything but it had armored elbows of some kind and seemed like some quality protection. I would be using the jacket for every season riding on my dual sport and just want to know if any of you have experiences with ICON jackets and their quality. thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really like ICON's stuff. I've got two of their Strongarm jackets - denim bodies with leather sleeves - and love them. I've not crash tested them, but they have armor in the shoulders, elbows and back and a couple of really nice zippered vents in the chest that flow out the back.

If you go back, or have already purchased one, post back what it is, I've been looking for a specific model of their leather jackets under the regular list price, and $200 ain't too shabby if you ask me....

dv

·
The Cool Joker
1,451 Posts
that's a lot better than their ridiculously overpriced MSRP for their gear. when they start sponsoring racers i'll give a **** about their stuff, until then it's just 'HEY LOOK AT ME I RIDE ICON I'M COOL YO!!!!' kinda gear. ya know, because it's cool to wear a leather jacket, with your $200 designer jeans and fresh kicks and no gloves. because lever feedback is critical. oh and those two big dragonian humps on your helmet are totally aerodynamic. or at least they make you look like a dragon.

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3124&id=11051

i mean, read the product description of their ONLY pair of leather pants. which are another buck over a pair of personally crash tested Teknic Chicane leather track pants....

i'm not hating. that much. ok. but Icon seems to put performance second to cool factor, over and over again.

take a look at their site...

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3122&id=11014

VICTORY DEATH OR GLORY
$650.00 to $695.00 - Suggested Retail USD

honestly, would you spend that much on something labeled Icon when you can get Alpinestars for less? a lot less, mind you......

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got Icon's Dead Man's Hand jacket and I'm thinking of picking up a mesh Hooligan jacket. The DMH fits like a glove. I'm only disappointed in the sizing (I'm an XXXL?), but the fit is perfect.

I totally spent that much because I loved the jacket. One of my favorite places to explore is S. Dakota, the detailing is tremendous and I look "totally rad" in it.

Some people spend their $$$ on chrome and accessories. I ride lean and wear a really nice jacket.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Some people spend their $$$ on chrome and accessories. I ride lean and wear a really nice jacket.
Great point! (though I agree that some of Icon's stuff is over priced)

If that leather jacket really is as snazzy as it sounds, then I would go for it. Under $300 for a leather riding jacket is something you can't find. You never know, this may be proof that not all of Icon's things are over priced.

I wear a Castle riding jacket. It's textile and armored, but it cost me around $120. It also has a zip out liner for when it gets colder. I would like to get an armored leather jacket, but I haven't found one under $400 yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts