Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an opportunity to ride a few motocross tracks and possibly race on an old timers circuit. My brother in law is giving me his extra bike...it's an '05 Honda CRF450. I need to gear up and I haven't had a dirt bike in probably 20 years...and I have never had a full set of motocross gear with the chest protectors and all that. Where to start?

My BIL was telling me about some new goggles with tear-off lenses in case you get a face full of dirt. He suggested a brand called 100%? I have never heard of them before. Does Scott make similar goggles? I have always worn Scott goggles because everything is in the name ;)

Suggestions welcome. Price isn't a huge deal...just looking for the best gear for the money. Value shopper here

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Nearly every goggle company offers both tear-offs and roll-offs. Scott was the "popular" brand years ago, and they are still a good quality brand. More recently the big trend was Oakley. 100% is the trendy choice of most current pros.
You can't go wrong with any of them though, the main concern is to find the MODEL from any of the top brands that fits your needs and face.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JAG. I got the bike, it wouldn't start. It had been sitting 5 years, longer than I thought. I have decided rather than to try to get is rolling ASAP, I am going to go through it completely this summer and maybe aim for late season or next year.

Correction on the bike...it's a 2003, not 2005 as l said earlier. Carbs are gunked up and it floods and the float sticks. Going to tear it apart and rebuild once I get the new place settled. It also needs tires swapped (he gave me a pair that are in great shape), fluids changed, and new fork seals. A great little project for my new shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts