Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a friend how wanted me to find some background information of a small (approx 4 inch x 2 inch) medallion which was issued in 1911 by the State of Massachusetts to registered cycle riders. It appears at one time it may have been attached to a small leather strap at the top. Any help or information you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm fascinated by the find and would like to discover the story behind them.

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Hi All,

I have a friend how wanted me to find some background information of a small (approx 4 inch x 2 inch) medallion which was issued in 1911 by the State of Massachusetts to registered cycle riders. It appears at one time it may have been attached to a small leather strap at the top. Any help or information you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm fascinated by the find and would like to discover the story behind them.
Here you go directly from the Massachusetts archive. ARCHIVE: Massachusetts Porcelain License Plates (Part 2 of 2)

I see that E-Bay currently has one listed for $440. https://www.ebay.com/i/332762348332?chn=ps

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OZ,

Thanks for the links, the piece on ebay is the same as my friend has except for a different number. Look forward to reading the info on the porcelain plates also, another area I find fascinating.

Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts