Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Scorpio i900 Alarm. It has a shock sensor, tilt sensor and a proximity sensor. Its a 2-way signal so as long as I'm within 2 miles of my bike the remote tells me if someone picks it up off the kickstand, hits it or is even just standing next to it. If I'm more than 2 miles away, that's what full-coverage insurance is for, I guess.

I can also remotely disable the ignition, too.

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
Fork lock. That's all I got. Thinking about getting a padlock for my helmet, too.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Surprisingly my new bike has one from the factory. Absolutely no mention of it in the owners manual though. A case where throwing away old manuals for a one paragraph reprint just wasn't worth it. If your dealer doesn't tell you about it you have to learn about it from forums or word of mouth. And there are some dealers that haven't passed that info on sadly.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Put a Digital Guard Dawg on my Victory Cross Country good functional Alarm as Well as making it Keyless to boot .. Only thing use the Key for anymore is to lock the Saddlebags .. Don't know of Anything available for the Scout yet but as far as I know mine is the only one around in my area anyway ..

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
^^^+1:)
Fork Lock, Ignition Lock, Locked Shed,Large Dog in Yard and last but not least a Colt 1911 and I am a damn good shot.
Regards
Ed
Well, to that point, I have fork locks, ignition requiring a key, garage door, black lab that barks at every LEAF that blows through the yard, a .357 Magnum, and an AR-15 ( I'm a better shot with the AR ), and a strong deficit of concern for the health and wellbeing of anyone in my house without my permission.

That's all I need.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Well, to that point, I have fork locks, ignition requiring a key, garage door, black lab that barks at every LEAF that blows through the yard, a .357 Magnum, and an AR-15 ( I'm a better shot with the AR ), and a strong deficit of concern for the health and wellbeing of anyone in my house without my permission.

That's all I need.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I put a Gorilla 9 series alarm on my '02 Harley for the 'local' alarm horn' to scare finger-pokers and the remote pager function to alert me if the alarm goes off. I only use it if I am stopped somewhere and can't see the bike.

I don't have anything on my 2 antique bikes but they are never left alone in public except for shows where other bike owners can keep an eye on them. Anybody who tried to steal an antique bike from a bike show would find himself with more trouble than he could handle! LOL!

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
As an apartment dweller security for my ride is always a concern. My friend moved from where I had free storage and excellent security so I'm checking out places for storage. Currently it is in storage at the local Harley dealer, but that runs out April 1st.

If I could access my apartment from the ground floor the bike would be sitting in my living room, but that's not possible. I refuse to keep it outside under a cover for various reasons so I'm looking at a storage unit. My brother manages a number of units so I feel I can get a pretty good deal.

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
Just the factory fork lock/ignition key. I am a fairly trusting person besides the fact that I generally don't park in unfavorable places, nor live in a "bad" area.
I know that doesn't seem to mean much to some but I takes my chances. I would honestly like to get a security system like Guard Dawg, perhaps someday...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Something we did is to buy "Trail Cams" and place them around our property, will that stop anyone from stealing?? Probably not if they really want to run the gauntlet, BUT.....the Trail cams work really well even at night only cost around $75 and one of the Local cops told me more and more people are using them and the pictures and video are good enough for Law Enforcement to use to apprehend criminals!!!.
Just passing it on
Ed

·
Registered
943 Posts
Something we did is to buy "Trail Cams" and place them around our property, will that stop anyone from stealing??
A few years back I had a lot of gasoline thefts from my property so I put up a video camera on a wood pole in the middle of the yard (obvious as he!!) and some "video surveillance" signs - haven't had a single incident since.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts