Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had around 4 total good weeks of winter this year. Skiing was pretty poor most of the time and we only got around 5 - 6 weeks of snowmobiling. It's almost 60 degrees up here in northern Vermont today and the snow is melting fast. Time to start thinking about riding! Got my bike registration renewal Saturday! Woohoo!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Good to hear Mad you are starting your riding season. I've lived down here for so long and ride year round I forget what you guys go through up north!

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Skiing?? Is that where you strap two boards to your feet and slide down a hill at 50 mph with no brakes while twisting your knees and breaking your ankles?
No thanks. Too dangerous. I'll stick to motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
I had two bikes operating all winter. It is about time to switch to the warm weather bikes. But they are still sprinkling salt type stuff on the roads, as it is around freeing at night. We need some rain to wash off that stuff, so the summer bikes do not collect it.

UK

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
We had exactly 2 inches of snow and only one salting of the roads. I cannot ever remember such a mild winter in my 51 years in this area. If this is global warming, I'll take it! :LOL:

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Same here, Doc. We had a few minor snow events back in December, but nothing since.
All it's done is rain. More coming tonight.
At this time of year, I should be up to my eyeballs in snow piles and salt here.
Instead, the roads are clean, there is no snow, and I've had my bike out three of the last four days.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Instead, the roads are clean, there is no snow, and I've had my bike out three of the last four days.
Nice!

I'm still skeptical that we are completely out of the woods yet but, by this time of year, even if we get several inches, it should melt off relatively quick!

·
Registered
225 Posts
We had very little snow this winter in central Alberta. Whenever we got a good dump it would warm up and mostly melt. Early in Feb we finally got a good dump. I registered the sleds on a Saturday and went sledding on that Sunday. It was good but not great. I had an appointment with my shoulder surgeon that Monday. I thought it would be another 4 months or so to wait for surgery. Nope, I was in the following week! Now, we have more show around here then we have had in years. Friends at work with sleds are having a great time! I should have just left the registration off of the sleds for another season. No worries though, I just have to work hard with my PT and hopefully I'll be ready to ride later in the spring.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I usually ride all winter, unless there's ice/snow. Not so much this winter. My Sportster is tough to start in the cold, so I keep it put away. I have a Suzuki Marauder that starts regardless of the weather, but it developed an electrical short this winter and I haven't had the chance to fix it. I am ready for riding season!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts