Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years off a bike I am back at it. I just bought a new 2019 c50t. Looking forward to a lot of riding and hopefully good tips and help from this forum.
Bawgs,

·
7,009 Posts
Welcome to a great Forum.

Looks like you have some great riding areas around London, Ontario Canada EH :)

The Suzuki C50T is a great bike so have fun and be careful.

I just 'Mentored' another brand new rider and forum member into his same model bike as yours and he loves it. I had one when they were called the 'Velousia.'

Sam:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I just 'Mentored' another brand new rider and forum member into his same model bike as yours and he loves it. I had one when they were called the 'Velousia.'

Hey Sam, thanks for the welcome note. It is interesting how many folks have come back into riding. I got my first bike (a Harley Hydra Glide with suicide shifter) in 1965. When I got the time to ride again I had to get a license and in addition I took several courses. Like to take one every spring just as a tune up but this year with the lock-down that will have to wait.
Mike

·
American Legion Rider
20,060 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us😁

·
Visionary
3,378 Posts
Welcome back, I did the same thing about 6 years ago, came back to riding after a brief 30 year hiatus.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wife and kids caused a gap in my riding, but once I was back it the seat, it all came back real fast!...I felt like I was 16 again which was the age of my first 650 street bike after years of riding in the dirt; which I still find more fun than roads.

My advice is to pleasure ride in the evening. Starting about ~6:30, everyone is home from work and the roads are far less crowded and much less dangerous for a cycle ride. I usually head East to start, then head West to go home and watch the sunset as ride, some evenings feature spectacular sunsets and you get to watch the entire event on a motorcycle! heaven!

·
American Legion Rider
20,060 Posts
If brief is ~30 years what in the world is long term for you guys?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts