Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
El Paso, and 18 dead thus far. Can't wrap my head around it all. Reasons? Drugs, liberal "anything goes" motto, rabidly angry "leaders", lenient punishment, me-me-me mentality, lost empathy, Obama's degradation of law enforcement, causing callous disregard for the rule of law, lost religion, social media, lost self-identity, failure to institutionalize the mentally ill, sloth?????????

I believe it is very complicated and multi-faceted. What do you think is causing these all-too common occurrences?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-walmart-shooting.html

·
Registered
609 Posts
As you note, it is multi-faceted and should be broken down on a case by case basis. I know that more laws and restrictions will do absolutely nothing to stop it though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A quick trial and then an immediate, public hanging of the guilty might slow them down a bit.
You do have a point. Duly noted that the coward gave up when the rifles were aimed at him. He didn't want to die when it came down to it. Fortunately, Texas does a better job executing people than most states. I think he's gonna' be having his last supper fairly real soon.

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
You do have a point. Duly noted that the coward gave up when the rifles were aimed at him. He didn't want to die when it came down to it. Fortunately, Texas does a better job executing people than most states. I think he's gonna' be having his last supper fairly real soon.
Not quick enough. He'll waste years of time and money in courts with lawyers nearly as sick as he is.

·
Registered
609 Posts
A quick trial and then an immediate, public hanging of the guilty might slow them down a bit.
Not quick enough. He'll waste years of time and money in courts with lawyers nearly as sick as he is.
Agreed! I do think the publicity/notoriety angle can play a huge part in these situations. When there is absolutely no question as to what was done, punishment should be swift and open to the public...

·
6,589 Posts
Here is another mass shooting:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/el-paso-walmart-shooting-20-dead-26-injured-gov-greg-abbott-police-chief-greg-allen

Societal Anarchy with these kinds of event's are the likely result of the far lefts acceptance of violent groups like BLM and Antifa as a means of propagating their Political agenda of "everything goes," as long as it destroys the established mores of our "privileged" Old white man lead government, no matter if it is a model of success world over.

When moral depravity reflected by these politician's that want abortion on demand, even after birth, that proves to the feeble minded that life is CHEAP, then inevitably, human life doesn't mean much.

******** Every popular show or series seems to be about killing and murder and psychologist have long noted that 'Hollywood' builds empathy into every movie, where we feel sorry for and side with the bad guys:surprise:

From NCBI website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5429629/

The observed deficit in healthy men with a history of aggressive behaviour in affective social understanding is in line with evidence from psychopathology. For instance, psychopathy, which is characterised by severe antisocial behaviour, has been related to reduced empathic responses, while Theory of Mind performance is not affected44–49. A similar pattern has been reported in patients with narcissistic personality disorder, who also show reduced prosocial behaviour50, 51. A primary lack of empathy and compassion is also found in frontotemporal dementia and, more generally, the frontal lobe syndrome. Paralleling our present findings, studies of these conditions reported a lack of empathy and compassion associated with elevated levels of aggressive behaviour52 :surprise:

Let's pray for the survivor's and their Friend's and families :angel:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Read his manifesto, that will give you insight to his warped mind..

https://drudgereport.com/flashtx.htm
I concur with him that America is rotting, but not from the inside. I believe it began from the outside, mostly by politically motivated, crazed politicians and media and has worked its way in. But this nut doesn't have a clue that he is a major player in the rot. He espouses that his actions protected Americans?

Execute him. Better yet, give him and old-fashioned frontal lobotomy first.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
A cowardly criminal goes out and starts killing people. Now politicians are jumping on the "common sense" gun control laws again. Now when a politician says "common sense" you know the bull hockey is coming. But they won't say what they mean, what they mean is criminals won't obey the law, (I imagine every state in the union has laws against murder) so let disarm all the law abiding people.

Common sense says get rid of that stupid politician. As often as you hear of one of these mass shootings, I'd bet there are incidents where a legal gun owner has defended himself or others from criminal attacks, but you won't hear about them through our MSM.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A cowardly criminal goes out and starts killing people. Now politicians are jumping on the "common sense" gun control laws again. Now when a politician says "common sense" you know the bull hockey is coming. But they won't say what they mean, what they mean is criminals won't obey the law, (I imagine every state in the union has laws against murder) so let disarm all the law abiding people.

Common sense says get rid of that stupid politician. As often as you hear of one of these mass shootings, I'd bet there are incidents where a legal gun owner has defended himself or others from criminal attacks, but you won't hear about them through our MSM.
Now those politicians are blaming the NRA once again. Amazing...not, that when this nation was more conservative, and the NRA was highly regarded more than not, mass-shootings were almost unheard of. Guess that puts the NRA blame thing to rest.

My state is so anti-gun, that if my gun is stolen from my own home in a burglary and is later used to harm someone, I WILL be convicted of a felony if that gun was not locked up in a safe at the time of the theft. Governor Inslee's pea-brain new gun law to stop gun crime...put fear into the good guy instead of the criminal. Even though I do have a safe, why should I have to pay for someone else's crime if I didn't?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And if you shoot the SOB breaking into your house, you will still be held responsible! It's idiotic.
This one confuses me in WA state. As a liberal cesspool, we still have the castle doctrine or something similar. If someone breaks into your home, and you feel threatened, you may use deadly force, even if they aren't armed. I'm waiting for that to change here as well. But nothing will deter me from protecting my family and home as I see fit. And I won't be thumbing through ordinances at the time to find out if my actions are warranted or not.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Most mass shootings are done by young white males, do you know why? Its because for the last three decades or so they have been coddled, with Mommy & Daddy solving all of their problems for them. Always being told how wonderful they are, even when they're not. Johnny gets in a fight or picked on in school and Mommy & Daddy go to the school, arrange a big meeting, and threaten to sue the school instead of letting Johnny have the opportunity to try and solve it himself. They've eliminated Dodge ball and Tag Your It in school because it can damage their self esteem. The don't keep score in Pee Wee football, soccer and baseball because if they lose the game, that can also damage Johnny's self esteem. Win or lose, they all get trophy's. If they bad mouth Mommy or Daddy, they get time out in their rooms with their PlayStations, cell phones or tablets.

Do you know what happens when they grow up? Well, then they have to be held accountable for their actions as legal adults. When their girlfriend or wife leaves them and tells them that they don't love him anymore, he freaks out. When the IRS tells them they owe taxes after Mommy & Daddy has always paid his way, they freak out when they don't have the money to pay. If they face a judge and the judge tells them that they are in the wrong, have to face a sentence or fine, they freak out because they've never been held accountable for their actions. If their boss tells them that they aren't worth a **** after being told their whole lives how wonderful they are, they just freak out because they cant handle it.

In third grade I got beat up by a fifth grader pretty bad after school (you know busted lip, bleeding nose), the guy lived in my neighborhood too. I walked home and cried to my Dad after getting my ass kicked by this older kid. My Dad told me that if you ever get in a fight with a guy bigger than you, you pick up an equalizer and use it on his head. Three weeks later we were playing baseball in the street in front of my house and here comes Ronnie Burns walking down the street heading right my way, I had the bat in my hand when he started his sh-- with me. I swung that bat and connected right on the side of his head. He took off running and yelling, I chased after him trying to hit him again, might have got him in the back once or twice. Ronnie Burns thought I was crazy and never messed with me again. No parents, no school, no Principal involved.

What I don't understand about todays soft men who shave their bodies, wear makeup, have plastic surgery, and cry all the time is when they cant handle reality, is why do they have the need to take out as many other innocent people as they can, instead of just doing themselves in. I truly have to admit that I just do not understand that part of it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most mass shootings are done by young white males, do you know why? Its because for the last three decades or so they have been coddled, with Mommy & Daddy solving all of their problems for them. Always being told how wonderful they are, even when they're not. Johnny gets in a fight or picked on in school and Mommy & Daddy go to the school, arrange a big meeting, and threaten to sue the school instead of letting Johnny have the opportunity to try and solve it himself. They've eliminated Dodge ball and Tag Your It in school because it can damage their self esteem. The don't keep score in Pee Wee football, soccer and baseball because if they lose the game, that can also damage Johnny's self esteem. Win or lose, they all get trophy's. If they bad mouth Mommy or Daddy, they get time out in their rooms with their PlayStations, cell phones or tablets.

Do you know what happens when they grow up? Well, then they have to be held accountable for their actions as legal adults. When their girlfriend or wife leaves them and tells them that they don't love him anymore, he freaks out. When the IRS tells them they owe taxes after Mommy & Daddy has always paid his way, they freak out when they don't have the money to pay. If they face a judge and the judge tells them that they are in the wrong, have to face a sentence or fine, they freak out because they've never been held accountable for their actions. If their boss tells them that they aren't worth a **** after being told their whole lives how wonderful they are, they just freak out because they cant handle it.

In third grade I got beat up by a fifth grader pretty bad after school (you know busted lip, bleeding nose), the guy lived in my neighborhood too. I walked home and cried to my Dad after getting my ass kicked by this older kid. My Dad told me that if you ever get in a fight with a guy bigger than you, you pick up an equalizer and use it on his head. Three weeks later we were playing baseball in the street in front of my house and here comes Ronnie Burns walking down the street heading right my way, I had the bat in my hand when he started his sh-- with me. I swung that bat and connected right on the side of his head. He took off running and yelling, I chased after him trying to hit him again, might have got him in the back once or twice. Ronnie Burns thought I was crazy and never messed with me again. No parents, no school, no Principal involved.

What I don't understand about todays soft men who shave their bodies, wear makeup, have plastic surgery, and cry all the time is when they cant handle reality, is why do they have the need to take out as many other innocent people as they can, instead of just doing themselves in. I truly have to admit that I just do not understand that part of it.

Well put, indeed. And that equalizer thing? I should have done the same, but instead sucker-punched my bully square on the side of his jaw as hard as I could when he was talking to some other kid in 6th grade. I knew I'd lose if I squared off first, so I went the cowardly (although I was scared to death to do it) but effective route. He never bothered me again either.
My grand kids tell me they aren't allowed to fight in school, and can't defend themselves either, by whatever means...just tell the teacher. BS! My daughter told them to forget this ridiculous notion of banning self-defense, and if they are assaulted in any manner by another kid at school, they have her full permission to defend themselves, and has shown them exactly how to do it. (BTW, she's a cop) :)

·
Nightfly
3,762 Posts
The only thing I agree with you in your screed is young white males are responsible for a majority of the mass shootings, about 65 percent. Other than that I don't agree with any of it. A young guy shaving his body, wearing makeup and thinking he's a woman has nothing to do with with mass shootings. Guess again....

·
Registered
902 Posts
The only thing I agree with you in your screed is young white males are responsible for a majority of the mass shootings, about 65 percent. Other than that I don't agree with any of it. A young guy shaving his body, wearing makeup and thinking he's a woman has nothing to do with with mass shootings. Guess again....
Wow, you took that all wrong. I'm not talking about men thinking that they were women, or dressing like women or anything like that. Where did that come from? You might want to read it again. I was talking about men being more vain nowadays. A lot more young men wear eye makeup, not colors but liner and in some cases mascara on their eye lashes to make themselves, I guess look better, but I'm not sure why. They shave their entire bodies because, well who knows why. I'm not going to try to explain the culture to you if you're too old to understand modern trends. Probably the only reason that I know about it is because I'm exposed to a lot of young people in this age range at my work. I also have a Daughter that's still fairly young and I've met her friends and their friends over the years, and I've met young men that she's dated over the years before she married. Hell, most young women will tell you the exact same thing, just ask a few if you know any about the term soft men. Then you might understand...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you don't agree with any of it, what is your take on the reason or reasons? In my opinion, he has some valid points about the pampered and entitled youth suddenly awakening to the real world and their inability to handle rejection and adversity. No coping skills. I don't care to "guess again", so why don't you go right ahead, get to the point and begin to pontificate on your assessment?

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
Oldwinger said:
I think it's because they truly feel all their problems are caused by EVERYONE ELSE. So it's rage against everyone. Most likely don't have any friends or if they do those friends feel the same and they then feed those emotion off each other. And why they don't just take their own life? Simple. Pure cowards because they think it will hurt. And it will if they screw that up too. Done correctly they won't feel a thing or at least no knowledge of it here.

I happen to agree with you. We used to have to work our own problems out. I can still remember a senior in my drafting class that sat at the table behind me when I was a freshman. He loved poking me in the butt with his dividers. My angry looks did nothing. So one day after he did it, again, I walked up to the front of the room, circled all the way around the room and came up behind him. He had no knowledge I was there. I sank my dividers as deep as I could in his butt. He screamed like a little baby. Teacher ask what was wrong and I knew I would be in for it. He said nothing about it. I don't remember what he said but I knew then I'd get the heck beat out of me after class. Instead, that guy became a good friend that beat others up when they would knock my books out of my hands if he saw it. That was another sport the trouble makers like to do and it was the group he associated with too so he saw it almost every time it happened until no one bothered me the rest of the school year.

So I do agree that parents are the blame with the way these kids are raised now and just have zero social skills except for texting. Real one on one face to face they don't have a clue and depend on mommy and daddy to tell them they are okay. This is the reason I think the draft should be put back in place and every able bodied 18 year old should have to serve at least 2 years serving this country in some fashion. That should get these cowards to move to Canada or some place to hide. Hopefully in that time someone will take them out so they can't come back. Or we should remove their citizenship status so they are illegals if they return. But that's a whole other topic.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts