Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought it, still need to get it home. I wrote the guy a check for it, for $4500.00 usd and in the spirit of honesty and integrity told him to hang on to everything until the check clears.

This bike is mint and the guy was 66 years old and did everything at the dealership or himself personally, it has 19000 miles on it roughly.

I gave to much for it really in terms of value, but then again the bike does not have a blemish anywhere. I wanted another Blackbird and this was too unmolested to let it go to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
$4500 for a Blackbird with only 19,000 miles (so basically "new"!) that has been well kept? I don't know... Sounds like a good price to me! Congrats!

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just bought it, still need to get it home.
It's a real beauty! Best of luck with it.

I gave to much for it really in terms of value, but then again the bike does not have a blemish anywhere. I wanted another Blackbird and this was too unmolested to let it go to anyone else.
Sometimes it can be better to pay a bit more to get one in 'mint' condition.

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a real beauty! Best of luck with it.

Sometimes it can be better to pay a bit more to get one in 'mint' condition.
True story!

The last Blackbird I got was pretty tired when I got it, this one it pretty much like a new bike.

I drove an hour to go look at it at 10pm at night, still tickled and amazed at finding an old bird this nice.

Reactions: ketchboy

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
Looks like you did very well. I'm not familiar with the pricing on those but I've always said, the amount is nothing if it's what you want. And this looks near showroom. So keep good care of it.:smile:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,531 Posts
Great looking bike.

·
Nightfly
4,601 Posts
True story!

The last Blackbird I got was pretty tired when I got it, this one it pretty much like a new bike.

I drove an hour to go look at it at 10pm at night, still tickled and amazed at finding an old bird this nice.
Quite a stunning bike, love the color. Great power from that engine, very impressive. The value of something should not be determined by its cost, nor would I care what others thought.. As a buyer I always felt I was the only one to properly place a non-monetary value on something. To me that can easily supersede the dollar value.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
For a bike that awesome, that clean, that low of mileage, and pretty much showroom condition? I think you hit it out of the park on price! :)

Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That's a very sharp looking bike, condition looks perfect, congratulations on a nice find.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Love the bike Joe. I wish they were still making the Dyna. One of their best efforts, IMHO.
Pretty Much agree with you there was really shocked when they dropped it as some of their latest models in 2015-2016 were hot sellers, although a few were not selling that well, but they just dropped the whole lineup I guess shutting down the KC Plant had a lot to do with it .. I was really looking for a 2001-02 FXDX but the Few I found were either way overpriced or Abused so jumped on this one at the right price ..

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
They stopped making the one I'm still looking for, the FXRT, some time ago. So maybe the writing was on the wall already.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
They stopped making the one I'm still looking for, the FXRT, some time ago. So maybe the writing was on the wall already.

Yep the Last FXRT was in 1993 or 94 I think .. Early 90's anyway .. All FXR's were dropped in 1994 except the Comeback of the 1999-2000 CVO's FXR2,3, & 4

1 - 19 of 19 Posts