Motorcycle Forum banner

Alternator replacement

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  CB750F 
#1 ·
I was wondering with what sort of ease someone could replace an alternator on an sr125. I figured simple bike, can't be impossible. Am I completely wrong? I have little experience when it comes to any sort of electrical maintenance.
Thanks in advance.

#4 · (Edited)
That depends on IF you want to learn or not. The tools are expensive but then you'll always have them, the puller is around $15 and the impact driver is around $20 for a decent one and I highly recomend buying a decent one. The cheap ones work but won't last very long. Buy a shop manual on your bike, it's worth the money. I recomend the Yamaha one though they are on the expensive side. Clymer and Hayes produce manuals for bikes and they are almost as good as the factory ones. You can pick up the puller, impact driver and manual off Ebay or just do an internet search for SR125 manual. It shouldn't cost too much for labor if ya decide to take it to a shop, it's the part that's gonna cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.