Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pilot of Gixxer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's their web site and Modle # I'm getting:
www.akrapovic.com Model: S-S6SO6-HZC Carbon Fiber.

I ordered my Akrapovič Slip-on exhaust earlier yesterday. 800$... My entire paycheck gone ha ha ha. I have no idea what I'm going to do for money now, but it going to be completely worth it. OH and this is my 100th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!

I found this video on what its going to sounds like before and after the install. (more or less, that is a '07 750 and mine is a '08 600)

Interesting fact: I found out that these super premium pipes are manufactured from my Dad country of Slovenia. They are SO super premium; that they are doing a lot of custom work for MotoGP bikes and work with Rossi's and Lorenzo's Yamaha Factory Team. Go figure =P I found this info out from the video below.

(They have a new model line that sounds great with HD's too)

This is what it should look like with it installed. My bike isn't Black, and I Didn't get the Full Titanium Slip-On, but the general shape will look like that :) (You can tell I'm excited; also, sorry that the link is so long lol)

http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Motorcy...d=969&ProductFilter=Active&DisplayName=Suzuki

:71baldboy:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think the Akrapovic sound is awesome (judging from clips on their site and from various youtube videos), but I'll be honest. I don't like the hexagonal look of the high pipes on a street triple. Plus they are about $1200 for my bike, which is hard to justify when there are cheaper and IMHO, better looking and equally good sounding exhausts. Even the Arrow exhaust (which I think looks the best and whom Triumph partnered with) is several hundred dollars cheaper than the Akrapovic.

·
Pilot of Gixxer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the Akrapovic sound is awesome (judging from clips on their site and from various youtube videos), but I'll be honest. I don't like the hexagonal look of the high pipes on a street triple. Plus they are about $1200 for my bike, which is hard to justify when there are cheaper and IMHO, better looking and equally good sounding exhausts. Even the Arrow exhaust (which I think looks the best and whom Triumph partnered with) is several hundred dollars cheaper than the Akrapovic.
I have to agree with triples. Most just don't look good with Arka's. Except I do like this video though, I don't know why. Maybe the shape of the bike just works, or maybe its the color. or maybe its just me. But i like that bike, sounds beefy.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The wait is annoying, isn't it? I have to wait at least two weeks for any Ducati parts I order. I may get new cans for my Monster, probably Leo Vince's.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I hear ya on the waiting! I had to order some parts for my triple for an insurance claim and Triumph parts take at least 2 weeks usually. Still waiting 2 weeks later! :(

I think the akras look great on bikes that come stock with a low mount exhaust. The shape of the exhaust seems to fit those bikes better.

·
Pilot of Gixxer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure sounds like an angry bee.
Sure do!

I just got them installed. They sound incredible, even just being a slip on system. I have a video that I want to upload soon. I'm happy, very happy. My first major modification :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts