Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a challenge. Give me a list of bikes that are air-cooled but have EFI, other than Harley Davidson. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Hmm, more than I thought. Aren't Victorys oil/air cooled? Or is that a misnomer since really any bike is ALSO oil cooled obviously?? But I thought they had a lil bitty oil radiator in the front...I'm too tired/lazy to look it up right now.

·
Ninja Robot
1,825 Posts
Yes, Victory's are oil cooled. That little bitty oil cooler on the front used to be much bigger but they realized that it was taking the bike to long to warm up to operating temp, so they shrank it.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Yes, Victory's are oil cooled. That little bitty oil cooler on the front used to be much bigger but they realized that it was taking the bike to long to warm up to operating temp, so they shrank it.
Good to know. If I ever get a better paying job, I'll own a Victory Hammer...gorgeous machine.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
HD's are actually oil-cooled as well as air-cooled. They have an oil reservoir outside of the engine casing (under the seat) where the oil cools and gets re-circulated through the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jhawk, I'm looking for a street bike that fits that criteria. I'm a proponent of simple (re easy to work on) bikes, but do like modern EFI.

Currently, I own an 82 Yamaha 650 Seca that I've owned since new and an SR500, but want to add a bike that's air cooled and has EFI.

Thanks for all the input so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The easiest bike to work on, by far, is the Royal Enfield. In the good old day,bikes were made to be worked on because you had to. The new Enfields are made the same as the old ones, but most of the work has been taken out of them, EFI, Electronic ignition, hydraulic tappets. Now it's adjust the chain, change the oil and ride.
I used to have an SR500. Loved the bike, but missed the Brit side of things. They just aren't the same.
Bare

jhawk, I'm looking for a street bike that fits that criteria. I'm a proponent of simple (re easy to work on) bikes, but do like modern EFI.

Currently, I own an 82 Yamaha 650 Seca that I've owned since new and an SR500, but want to add a bike that's air cooled and has EFI.

Thanks for all the input so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts