Motorcycle Forum banner

Age of You Guys and Gals

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been done before, but wondered what the spread of ages is for those using the Forum now.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,305 Posts
We are REALLY a bunch of old Furt's arent we!!!!!!

I think we need a sub-forum topic about medical issues, prescriptions, incontinence, lethargy, fatigue, Gerd, sexual disfunction or no function and age related depression to just liven this place up:)

I will start: I REALLY enjoy a daily nap:)

Sam:)

·
Registered
781 Posts
We are REALLY a bunch of old Furt's arent we!!!!!!

I think we need a sub-forum topic about medical issues, prescriptions, incontinence, lethargy, fatigue, Gerd, sexual disfunction or no function and age related depression to just liven this place up:)

I will start: I REALLY enjoy a daily nap:)

Sam:)
Are you kidding, Sam? If we had a sub-forum topic like that, we'd break the Internet!

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
I started taking a nap too. 3:00pm when it's way too hot to be out kind of nap. 8 hours later I wake up and wonder where I am. ha ha ha

This used to be an old site but I would not be surprised to see that we have become a young or middle-aged site. With a few old farts. So will be interesting to see the results for sure.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It seems (to me, anyway) that the folks joining in the last year or so have tended towards the younger age brackets. Hopefully, that bodes well for the longevity of the forum!

Naps kick a$$! I've found that anything under an hour is very rejuvenating, anything over and I'm groggy for hours...

Reactions: ketchboy and Porky

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
Was at the bike gang Christmas party last night. Most are over 65, It looked like an old folks meeting. There was a lot of bike knowledge and experience in the room. We got 8 of the 20 quiz questions correct. Winners got 10.
What two bike brands have two only letters in their name? Who was the first bike maker in England? What bike did Peter Fonda ride in the off road part of the movie? Those were three that we missed.

UK

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Sometimes I feel like that old song "I'm too young to be this damned old", then I get to thinking well, I am a '55 model and this is '19 OF THE NEXT CENTURY!, so well, maybe the numbers do add up. Where do I get some of that new math and pass the Geritol. :rolleyes::LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
What two bike brands have two only letters in their name?
That’s got to be two brands I never heard of for sure. Good question though. But I haven’t a clue. I’m assuming you meant, only two letters. I am even more confused if you typed it correctly.

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
CZ is correct. It also contains a clue to the other one. We got CZ, but the next question was being asked before I went thru all be memory cards. I got up to about G from A, which is a system I used for jumbled words.
First question was easy. Who wrote the music for a piece in a bike movie, and he named the piece.
Was Tchaikovsky. Another one. Length of the IOM long course. 37.75 miles. Some wrote 37 which was wrong IMO.

UK

·
On The Road Again!
4,341 Posts
What was the first English bike? I don't know. I can only think of four, BSA, Norton, Triumph and Bridgestone.
Bridgestone was Japanese, not British.
British? BSA, Triumph, Norton, AJS, Matchless, Rudge, Royal Enfield, Brough Superior, Vincent, and probably a whole lot more.
I'm guessing that Royal Enfield would be the first, since the first one was made in 1901.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts