Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Chris and I were on Vacation with our youngest daughter and family our oldest daughter fell about 10' down a cliff. She broke her Tibia near the ankle and Fibula near the knee. Both were splinter fractures with the Tibia also had a spiral fracture down into her ankle. She was operated on as we drove home and had a rod inserted in her leg. She moved in with us 2 days later as the doctor's office and PT center is closer to us and her fiance works long hours (owns his own business).

She is now on her 3rd week of therapy. She can now put 75% of her weight on that leg. But the best part is she can drive. I was going to take her home tomorrow and pick her up Monday so she could spend some time with her fiance. Instead she drove my truck home tonight and will be back Tuesday for therapy. One more week and she should be out of the boot and able to go to work.

She has been working very hard to get to this point and I am very proud of her.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
That is good news! Kinda nice she can get home for a longer holiday weekend and nice you can have some down time as well.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
It's hard to believe she is doing that good after only 5 weeks. She must have had a good doctor. She remains in my prayers.

·
American Legion Rider
21,265 Posts
I'm jealous. Kids heal so quickly. That's great news though Critter.

·
12,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, if the fracture hadn't gone into her ankle she would be out of the boot already. They inserted a metal rod in her leg and screwed everything together.

She has been working very hard on her therapy. 2 sessions a week with the therapist for an hour and a half. She also does it at home twice a day for an hour and a half. Her goal was to be able to drive.

She is still on crutches and the boot so it takes her 20 minutes to get ready to drive. Especially her car. (14' Mustang GT convertible). Maybe in another week.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Whatever it takes and how ever long it takes, I will pray for a FULL recovery.:)

·
12,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She is pissed that she missed Trophy rock season (so did I)

·
American Legion Rider
21,265 Posts
Aaaa.......what is Trophy rock? Some TV junk?

·
12,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trophy fishing for Rock Fish. You are only allowed one fish per person 28" to 36" or over 40". There is always a tournament with cash prizes.

·
American Legion Rider
21,265 Posts
She can come here right now and just stick your net in the spillways and catch some of the biggest strippers I've ever seen. Game wardens are just turning their head right now as they "think" they just die anyway. Big suckers though are being just netted. I mean BIG!!! Takes a new net because if it's a few years old they are so big they bust right thru or bend the pole.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts