Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Added a third bike to the stable it's a 09 FZ6R first street bike I've ever owned or road. Now if I can only keep my daughter off of it long enough for me to ride it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I was gonna say: make sure you don't automatically veer off the street next time you see a sweet set of jumps or naturally power slide into that gravel road or nature trail that begins just off the roadside.
But the pictures show other scooters that i would consider a street bike.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's not my first "street" bike it's my first sports bike. Though when I was doing research on the bike before I bought it I learned that the "sports" bike community are pretty quick to point out it's not a proper sports bike so I really don't know what to call it. lol

I think it may be the sportster of sports bikes but I don't care I'm having fun on it. I've always been cruiser guy still am just not a prejudice one, so far this bike is perfect for me. It wont go 200 mph but that's not what I need, I mean I have a 17 year old daughter that rides all three of our bikes.
We were actually looking at some naked SV's but I really wanted to get a inline 4, now all I need is to turn it black.:biggrin:

Hope this doesn't sound like a rant because it's not at all just having conversation.:71baldboy:

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Though when I was doing research on the bike before I bought it I learned that the "sports" bike community are pretty quick to point out it's not a proper sports bike so I really don't know what to call it. lol
I've always thought of it as an entry-level sport bike, which still makes it a sport bike.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The heck with the sport riding community. To most riders that is a sport bike or maybe to some of us it is a crotch rocket. Who cares what you call it as long as it suits you and your style of riding. I am a tour bike rider so anything else is a waste of my time but I can easily appreciate that other riders want different things to what I want. That doesn't make them wrong, it only makes their focus different. We still all enjoy the knees in the breeze.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The heck with the sport riding community. To most riders that is a sport bike or maybe to some of us it is a crotch rocket. Who cares what you call it as long as it suits you and your style of riding. I am a tour bike rider so anything else is a waste of my time but I can easily appreciate that other riders want different things to what I want. That doesn't make them wrong, it only makes their focus different. We still all enjoy the knees in the breeze.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion even if it is wrong. :biggrin: When you ride a Vision, which is the best motorcycle ever built, it is hard to look at anything else. :71baldboy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts