Motorcycle Forum banner

Buy excellent condition 2006 gixxer-600 with 10,000 miles or save up more money for a newer bike?

• $3.5k 2006 gixxer 600 w/ 10k miles

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Save more money get newer bike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking to purchase another motorcycle for the past couple months and I’ve come across a 2006 gsxr-600 with only 10,000 miles on it. The gixxer looks like its never been dropped, stock fairings, aftermarket slip on, and a bunch of cosmetic upgrades. I negotiated with the guy selling the bike and I got him down to $3,500. Is this a good deal? Ive only been searching for a couple months, should I just wait a couple more months save up about double the money and get a newer bike or is this a deal I shouldn’t pass up on? My previous bike was a 2015 Yamaha R6 so it feels like ill be downgrading but its been two years since the last time I rode a motorcycle. I would love to hear some opinions on what you would do in my shoes wether to pull the trigger on the 06 gixxer or wait a couple more months and get a newer 600cc bike/maybe even a 1000cc bike.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That sounds like a good deal to me! Only issue is, as you noted, it is quite a bit older than what you were riding. Here is a link to a site that puts up great reviews - https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/suzuki/gsx-r600/2006/. As for the 600 or 1000 consideration, I think a 600 has more ability than 99.2% of us will ever be able to fully utilize on the street or track and are overall cheaper to maintain and insure...

·
Registered
386 Posts
According to the Kelly Blue Book, that's between typical trade-in ($3290) and typical dealer retail value ($4785). It's about what I would expect at this time of year in a private sale between a buyer and a motivated seller. Assuming it's well maintained, I'd say it's a decent price. Even if it turns out to need work, you can get a bunch of work done for the difference in price between a used one and a brand-new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts