Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding a bike (bicycle) for almost two years and I'm ready to move up in the world and get something with a motor. It seems like a dual sport is exactly what I'm looking for so that I could get the best of on and off the streets. I was wondering about the pricing for a 2007 KLR 650 with 3,300 miles, two hardcase saddlebags, aftermarket exhaust, and supposedly only driven on the street. KBB says about $3600, although the guy seems like he might be willing to part with it for $3200. I'm a graduate student without much money, so I'm wondering if you experts out there think this is a good deal, or if I could maybe get him down to $2800-$3000 (if you guys think that's still a fair price). As for it being my first bike, would you recommend any other bike that might be cheaper and yet still fulfill my needs? Thanks for any and all help.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Is the $3600 retail or trade-in value?

I wouldn't expect to pay full retail from a private owner, but try to meet somewhere in the middle. That way they are getting more than if they sold it to a dealer and you will get it cheaper than buying it from one.

The aftermarket accessories add little to the value. A good bargaining point is to ask the owner how much they think it adds, then say you'll buy the bike for that much less and they can take them off. :D

There are several capable bikes in that category. The Suzuki 400 and Yamaha 650 are nice as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts