Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I saw a 1982 Honda CB 125s for $2700 today. It's in very good condition and has about 1500 miles on it. After looking at few CB125s's online, the price seems a little high. I'm in no way an expert so any thoughts on this would be great.
I have never bought a bike and have been looking for an older Honda cruiser similar to the CB 250 or 125 for awhile now, so any other advice would be appreciated as well.

Thanks much.

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
According to NADA for this area, that's more than 2X the very good price. Not sure what the guy thinks he has but it seems crazy to me. Excellent condition is only $1,820 here according to NADA. It falls into the vintage category but I doubt it's worth that much more. I'm sure it's priced high so he has some room to come down and still make a killing. If you want to have fun with him go for it but I'd just look somewhere else unless you just have to have that model. You sure he isn't listing what it was new? Even that sounds high but I didn't look for that.

Reactions: Nihilo

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Sounds like he doesn't really want to sell it. A daughter in law that's no longer a daughter in law, wanted my son to sell his '92 Sportster. So he put it on Craigslist for either 5 or 6 thousand dollars. He still had it after the divorce.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to NADA for this area, that's more than 2X the very good price. Not sure what the guy thinks he has but it seems crazy to me. Excellent condition is only $1,820 here according to NADA. It falls into the vintage category but I doubt it's worth that much more. I'm sure it's priced high so he has some room to come down and still make a killing. If you want to have fun with him go for it but I'd just look somewhere else unless you just have to have that model. You sure he isn't listing what it was new? Even that sounds high but I didn't look for that.
Thought so. Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like he doesn't really want to sell it. A daughter in law that's no longer a daughter in law, wanted my son to sell his '92 Sportster. So he put it on Craigslist for either 5 or 6 thousand dollars. He still had it after the divorce.
ha thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts