Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Want to change my Panigale 899 to any bigger supersport bike (Bigger not on cc , ergonomics wise)
Have two choices, both will be on zero km: BMW S1000rr and Yamaha YZF R1
I like both and can stick with both of them the only thing that i would like to know , Which one would fit 6'3'' 196lbs person better ? Panigale is very small for me, at least i think in this way.

I know, the best way to check it in dealer , but here in Ankara(Turkey) they do not have S1000rr the only way is to order and wait.. But the Yamaha YZF R1 is much more bigger than my Panigale 899..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
Can you get Cycle-ergo. com on your computer? It is a website that you enter your body measurements and the model of bike to see how you will fit on it.

·
8,572 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:biggrin:

Do the all important 'BUTT TEST,' by sitting on all of them at the Dealership. Just remember that most all of them will feel good, when the Air conditioning is on and your buying enthusiasm is up. Remember that a hundred miles down the road when it 100+- degrees that the little, tiny saddle will not be your friend.

On my last Ducati, I lowered the riders footpegs about 2 inches by making my own lowering brackets out of 3/8 inch mild steel and after adjusting the brake and shifter levers, it became much more comfortable. I am 6ft-5in and 350 lbs of solid table muscle, so comfort is very important to me.

I've had a bunch of BMW's so I'm partial, so out of your picks, I'd take the Beemer.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
405 Posts
How tall are you? Im 6' 2'' and most super sports feel awful. Ever considered a big naked like the Duke?

If not, I always felt like the r1 was a bit better with the larger rider. I sat on the BMW yesterday and it was awful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How tall are you? Im 6' 2'' and most super sports feel awful. Ever considered a big naked like the Duke?

If not, I always felt like the r1 was a bit better with the larger rider. I sat on the BMW yesterday and it was awful.
Well i'm 6'3'' , well never thought about naked but someday ill change my second bike to the naked one..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do not know if i did right or wrong , i ordered s1000rr.. So we will see how it gonna work for me in 28 days =)
BTW , I gave away Diavel which was only on 300km.. Not the Panigale

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey dude. Get the adjustable rear sets (move the pegs farther back and down) and buy shorter rear dog bones to raise the rear end of the bike for comfort and better turn in geometry.

Also can get clip on handlebars to set the bike to more of your own geometry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts