Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning
i drive my wife to work and it happen one more time.
i am not sure if it is me or !
here goes,
i drive in lan 1 and a car drive in lan 2
he see me in the mirror "i got eye contact" and i do not think more over that
"he have seen me" 5-7 sec after he move to lan 1 no blick just fast move to lan 1
and so close that my wife and me take the ticket.

i get so stress and angry that i drive after that car and he will not stop. the car in front of that car help to stop the car.
i go over to speak but i go black and brak the driver site windows, "i do not hit the guy" and brak the left mirror.
he not understand that he is close to kill me and my wife. i get stop from other drivers
and the ask the guy to just drive away. and he leav fast

i sit for about 10 mins and drive my wife to work and drive home.
and here i sit. i have so much stress over it. is it me there over overreaching here
my hand is not good my gloves amor "the glasfiber is broke" and i have pain in my hand.

and i start think do i have a angry problem ?

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
So you've become one of the road rage idiots we all complain about and you want someone to say it's okay, it's not you??? I suggest you get some professional help. Leave the cheap forum help before you get killed. Okay, it's just what you paid for it. Take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you've become one of the road rage idiots we all complain about and you want someone to say it's okay, it's not you??? I suggest you get some professional help. Leave the cheap forum help before you get killed. Okay, it's just what you paid for it. Take it for what it's worth.
no i not say it okay. and yep there is a backside of the coin of it. and "road rage idiot" you right it is not me.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
good morning
i drive my wife to work and it happen one more time.
i am not sure if it is me or !
here goes,
i drive in lan 1 and a car drive in lan 2
he see me in the mirror "i got eye contact" and i do not think more over that
"he have seen me" 5-7 sec after he move to lan 1 no blick just fast move to lan 1
and so close that my wife and me take the ticket.

i get so stress and angry that i drive after that car and he will not stop. the car in front of that car help to stop the car.
i go over to speak but i go black and brak the driver site windows, "i do not hit the guy" and brak the left mirror.
he not understand that he is close to kill me and my wife. i get stop from other drivers
and the ask the guy to just drive away. and he leav fast

i sit for about 10 mins and drive my wife to work and drive home.
and here i sit. i have so much stress over it. is it me there over overreaching here
my hand is not good my gloves amor "the glasfiber is broke" and i have pain in my hand.

and i start think do i have a angry problem ?
It is very easy for me to get upset with other driver's stupidity, so I understand! What you need to focus on is that your job is to keep you and your wife safe! Chasing down idiots in their cars could be a full time job because they are everywhere! Remember that an angry person in a car beats an angry motorcyclist almost every time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Keep him a stranger

I have been in situations that I could have gone off on a rage and confronted another driver for a goofy move, But
before I do my mind goes to the fact that they missed me and are now beyond the danger zone.
I figure that I am safe and question, "do I really want to know this guy?"
I do not want to exchange vital information like Drivers license numbers, Names, addresses, Insurance data ect...
Anger can and should be controlled and if you can't find a handle on your reactions, you should seek professional assistance.
Best of luck on the outcome and glad to know you and your wife are safe. Be thankful that you are not behind Bars!
77/7

·
Biker
1,638 Posts
Maybe you could have gotten his plate # and called 911 and report as very aggressive driver, what he did and where.
Been there myself going S. over Howard F. bridge, heavy trfc and guy in white car starts coming into my lane from r side,
cars backed up 1 lane to my left,I could only get as much left as possible, I laid on horn he flips me the bird, trfc started
moving and I was able to get one lane over, BUT I got his plate #, pulled into breakdown lane and made the call, gave
make, model and color, plate # and from what state. Yeah it was a freakin scary situation and had it not been for trouble
down the hi-way some 8 miles with a few cruisers I think that schmuck might have gotten away with it, Next thing I know
though there are a few staties after that car, I told the police what he did, how I made eye contact with him as he is
trying to get over in my lane, turns out he was drinking and they arrested him on the spot.

My attitude now 'Never leave home without the PHONE."

·
Ace Tuner
3,772 Posts
i go over to speak but i go black and brak the driver site windows, "i do not hit the guy" and brak the left mirror. ................
...................... and i start think do i have a angry problem ?
" and i start think do i have a angry problem ? " Ya Think?

Man! You're just trying to get yourself kilt!
Acting like that wouldn't end good for you around these parts... Just sayin

·
Biker
1,638 Posts
WELL ! so much for me telling him to call 911 ! I should have picked up on his grammar and know he
isn't from the states. That does not give the other guy the right to cut him off, not at all BUT he was
still able to get his wife to work, then go home. He better do him self a favor and take care of his anger
or it will surely lead him to a very bad situation.

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,521 Posts
Bigger bat is needed. I kid, I kid, don't do it.

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Goodmoning Thats for the input i have been to my doctor here yesterday not much help for me i do not speak Turkish so "anger management" is not for me here but
he ask me simple to use always dashcam when i drive. and he give me a number to a boxing club and say it is a good way for me to learn to control my self.
so i make 6 month membership there and starting up here today. and fix my wife get pickup in the morning so i not go in the morning traffic.

after it all happen i have think so much over how it can happen. normal i am a happy guy not angry always smile and make fun. so i need to get back to that.

my wife start to make fun of me. and say i can go to a AAA meting and say hello my name is peet i have not touch a car in 1 day.
hard one but i know she has a point in what she say.

one more time Thanks for the input.

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
Goodmoning Thats for the input i have been to my doctor here yesterday not much help for me i do not speak Turkish so "anger management" is not for me here but
he ask me simple to use always dashcam when i drive. and he give me a number to a boxing club and say it is a good way for me to learn to control my self.
so i make 6 month membership there and starting up here today. and fix my wife get pickup in the morning so i not go in the morning traffic.

after it all happen i have think so much over how it can happen. normal i am a happy guy not angry always smile and make fun. so i need to get back to that.

my wife start to make fun of me. and say i can go to a AAA meting and say hello my name is peet i have not touch a car in 1 day.
hard one but i know she has a point in what she say.

one more time Thanks for the input.
Boxing will surly help blow off steam. Just remember, motorcycle loses when you challenge a car driver.

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,521 Posts

·
If in doubt...what?
105 Posts
Eye contact and acknowledgement are not always all that much. On a jaunt from Florida up to Ohio I got into a torrential down pour in the hilly country on I-75 somewhere north of Knoxville. Traffic is hauling a$$ and I'm moving on out in the left lane so I can control closing speeds and relative speed. I begin to ease past a young lady and see her look at me in her mirror. about time i get to here back door she decides she wants to change lanes. I do my usual horn honk followed by quick clutch and loud throttle rap. I know she hears it because I see her shoulders go up to her ears in a cringe. It does not in any way slow her movement into my lane. so I bite into the throttle and zip on past her mostly in the lane eventually a bit on the paved shoulder. she never modified her rate of lane change. incredible. Point is I didn't try to stop her or damage her vehicle or flip her off (although I have been known to make some hand gestures from time to time I admit). I mean can you really expect to educate them? Do you really think if they just had one interaction with you or me we could correct that type behavior? Not going to happen. You are just wasting your time and setting yourself up for a more troublesome and dangerous encounter.

·
Biker
1,638 Posts
Yeah she might have been diddling her self as she read a hot text and had no interest in messing up her rythem!

And yes it sucks, can only hope Karma teaches her a lesson an let her cut in front of a BIG RIG, about all we can do
is be more careful and thank God we are still up and riding. Over-riding the feeling to really do something is NOT easy
but better off in so many ways. . . times like that though, make you hope they 'F' up but royally.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe it's better to install one security camera on your bike! It helps you to calm down, since you know you have already recorded all this, just leave the rest to the police! Safety goes first when ride on road and get away from the stupid cars!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good moning a small update from here

After i start my boxing "anger management" and always drive whe cam
i am so much more relax "can be i always has so much pain in the body" but i fell much more relax on the road, i got the smile back and it is all going for the better me.
so it whats the right call.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts