Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

can you please tell me how to check the valves on this .

i know one valves sits under cap 1
and another under cap 2

what i want to know is how do i bring the engine to tdc?

how do i turn the flywheel? do i need a coin or something to loosen the two caps which have a rectangular cut in the middle? i think the top cap is for checking if marks line up and the bigger one is to rotate the flywheel

the manual doesn't make much sense to me. it says to use a "T KEY" and to jam it "against the nut of the flywheel" and then the flywheel clockwise ...

no picture of "t key"

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
You can usually just use a socket with an extension to turn the engine. I like using a T wrench because it can be turned either way without reversing a socket wrench.

Open the two ports you have marked and take the access cover off the valves. Turn the engine until both valves open and close again, then look for the timing mark in the top port and center it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can usually just use a socket with an extension to turn the engine. I like using a T wrench because it can be turned either way without reversing a socket wrench.

Open the two ports you have marked and take the access cover off the valves. Turn the engine until both valves open and close again, then look for the timing mark in the top port and center it.

thanks to everyone who has replied

when you say "two ports" are you referring to picture 3?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

the two keys seem aligned and centered. is this an indication that the engine is set to tdc? there is no place where the marks on the flywheel line up with a notch on the metalic body.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bike : honda super cub bouxer c100

engine number : ip39fmaf1098553

c15052703
5def
can you please tell me how much oil goes into this engine?

can i use a 15w 40 total quartz ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the Taiwanese manual they have provided with this bike is dangerous to follow.
i made the dumb ass mistake of following it

first mistake is that they point to the wrong nut for draining the oil. the nut which they point to has a spring which is connected to a metallic rod.

other thing is they tell the reader to put in .9 l of oil (900 ml)

i did that yesterday and saw oil seeping out from the gasket which seals engine and gear box.

have i wrecked gasket or seal?

i did not start the engine and drained it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts