Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience putting accent lights on their bike?

I want to put some inside my grom sooooooo bad but the idea of messing with wires worries me! I don't want to jack up my engine or something.

Any advice or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
Best advice I can offer: get this book, either from a store, or from your local library, and study it. It does a fantastic job of explaining all things electrical on a bike. What you learn will serve you well whether servicing a failed electrical system, or adding additional lights (without overloading the charging system!). It explains almost everything you need to know for your project. Cheers!
:coffee:

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Best advice I can offer: *book link*, either from a store, or from your local library, and study it. It does a fantastic job of explaining all things electrical on a bike. What you learn will serve you well whether servicing a failed electrical system, or adding additional lights (without overloading the charging system!). It explains almost everything you need to know for your project. Cheers!
:coffee:
Great book and suggestion. It seems like a common error for folks is to install too many goodies that consumes power faster than the charging system can handle. Just got a used bike I inherited from my brother and I stripped off one of those ground lights and the old alarm system. Thinking of switching some lights to LED as well to further reduce the wattage on the bike.

Dan

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
When installing lights, use LED lights, they draw a lot less amps. I don't know about your state, but don't put blue lights facing back or forward, and no red facing forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts