Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i just bought a bike 5 months ago and dealer told me to stop by around 600 miles to check tires and breaks etc. i thought this 600 miles checking is not related with oil change but i think i am totally wrong since i just started to lose torque and bike doesn't pick up like few weeks ago. that may cause a big problem on my bike ? i mean this is stable problem or if i go to oil cnahge my bike performance would be back ?
thanks your recommendations

·
American Legion Rider
20,005 Posts
Look at your owners manual. It may need a valve adjustment. It's been awhile since I had a new bike so I'm taking a wild guess.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
600 miles you should be changing oil. You are riding with break in oil right now. Valves will need to be checked to make sure they seated right. Its one of the most important maintenance that should be done on a new bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you hogcowboy and zippywonder. i just made and appoitment with a dealer and i am going oilchange this week. i did 1000 miles on 4 months in fact i dont drive much. there is no damage bcoz of i didnt do most important maintanence :( hope there is no mechanical issue bcoz of my ignorance.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Not as much as I would like to. But I do try to get out there everyday and practice my skills. I try to take atleast two roads ive never ridden before so I get used to different conditions. Only road I have found I dont like is Buttermilk Falls. Its staight uphill and very bumpy. Felt like I was gonna fall off bike. Had the back tire kick out on me and scared the pants off of me. Going out now to do some parking lot slow maneuver skill honing. Hoping to beat the thunderstorms. If not I get some more wet road skill in....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts