Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So thanks to the wonderful Charleston weather I got my first taste of riding in a rainstorm. No wind, just really heavy water causing lots of puddles and reduced visibility. Pretty scary for the end of my first week riding a new (to me) bike.

When I left it was a little overcast but not bad, so I figured a 10 minute ride wouldn't be pushing it. Oh well, learned my lesson. Better to be patient than take the risk I just did.

Anyway, here's where I need advice. I have a motorcycle cover for my project bike, but it's too big for my little Buell Blast. With all the rain storms we get I need another one for the Buell. I'd rather not spend a huge amount of money (the one I have now was $100 from cyclegear) but I do need it to keep the rain off. I also need it to be quick to put on, so I can run out and put it on in the rain really quickly.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,383 Posts
I have a half-cover by Nelson Riddle; it keeps rain and sun off the bike, but lets the bottom half cool and dry off, as needed. Goes on quickly, too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you in Charleston S.C. ? I got caught in the rain Saturday leaving a V.V.A poker run and got soaked. The last half of the ride home was dry. Don't know about a bike cover. I built a small shed/shop out of pallets and tin to keep my bikes in. It's not pretty but it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts