Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, the temp got up to 60 degrees by Noon, here in CT......

The early morning was filled with grocery shopping and going to the bank, and then a couple hours at the Hartford Convention Center "Garden show," setting the mood for Spring fever.

Lunch was an impromptu stop at a Japanese restaurant, (can't recall EVER specifically or intentionally eating in a "Japanese" eatery), where I was introduced to Miso soup, and re-acquainted with chopsticks, which I can function with to SOME degree, only reverting to a fork towards the end of the meal, when I grew weary of fighting to keep decent amounts of rice in place, long enough to get them to my mouth.

Then, due to the inquiring efforts of the gal I was with at the garden show, I was introduced to yet another "new" place called "Hot Leathers.". At first glance, the location and appearance of the outside of the place, gave off an aura of an Adult bookstore, and I joked with my lady friend (a "Christian" gal) that if it WAS, we were in trouble!

Seeing a giant poster of Sturgis on the entry door however, told me tho was not that, at all! Everything motorcycle gear related, was inside. I wad told that it was a franchise, for the record. Some of YOU might have one of these stores near YOU!

I was on a quest for brown Chaps, and they had some distressed ones, so I tried on pair after pair, til I found one that fit. Four pockets and a snap out liner in the legs, sold me on them, and I plunked down the $138.00 required.

On the way back home, I saw at LEAST 10 different motorcyclists nearby, riding their bikes on this warm and beautiful day, and with a scheduled "coffee break" with the President of my CMA Chapter, I sent him a Text on my way home, stating that the bike was coming down off the lift!

Chaps and other gear on, I was home only long enough to do a quick "hi" to the various folks at my house, before pulling the bike out into the driveway.

I got a phone call from one of my Nephews that I hardly EVER hear from, a young man with a young family, who is the Director of the CRU program at Kent State University, and I said, "hold on a minute, I want you to hear something," and I clicked the motor on, on the bike. "Recognize that sound," I asked him, and he understood. "How about if I call you back around seven thirty, Uncle?". Yep, that will work.

I kept my "coffee break appointment; the Chapter President showing up on HIS bike, (I must've tweaked his riding muscle with my earlier Text, I presumed) and after a short feed-bag burst. We left on one of those, "I don't care where we go, let's just GO" rides, that I'm SURE you are very familiar with.

Admittedly, I didn't do the kind of pre-trip checklist on the bike that I SHOULD have, and I stand corrected for that, but the bike ran TERRIFIC and the benefits to my soul, as I twisted the throttle a bit aggressively on some of the more enticing sections of country roads, devoid of stop signs or traffic, were palatable. For the first time in MONTHS, I was feeling my "Chi" re-centering, and reviving!!

The Chaps, by the way, were great on the ride!!

As the sun dropped out of sight, I pulled in to my garage with one of those frozen smiles on my face that we all know about, that didn't fade til I fell asleep some hours later.

-soupy

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Next time take a video of yourself eating soup with chop sticks.
Amazing!!! Eye!! Its crazy how when I read the post
Thats EXACTLY my first thought when I was reading Soupys post!!
Soooooo.....the Soup has got hisself some "Chaps"you do know thats pronounced "SHaps" right?? Texans and other real cowboys/Cowgirls take offense if you pronounce it Chaps!
You'll have to let us know more about what brand and how you like the "SHaps" are after you have had them awhile!
Ed

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ed: Brand is "Hot Leathers"

And "no,"............it wasn't the soup being eaten by chopsticks (lol).

Riding again TODAY!!

-soupy

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Ed: Brand is "Hot Leathers"

And "no,"............it wasn't the soup being eaten by chopsticks (lol).

Riding again TODAY!!

-soupy
I am curious about the "SHAPS", where again did you say you bought them?
$138?
Can you post a pic of the "SHAPS"?? No, not with you wearing them! LOL
Have fun Soupy, I am taking care of my disabled son today, so no riding for me.
I hope to break out the Harley or Vintage bike in a couple weeks!!
Regards
Ed

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try em on, and you'll note the size as they wrap around your legs. The waist and length is adjustable.

Along with the four pockets and insulated liner, I appreciate the stretchable material at the top insides of the legs, that extends down about 6 inches or so.

-soupy

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Try em on, and you'll note the size as they wrap around your legs. The waist and length is adjustable.

Along with the four pockets and insulated liner, I appreciate the stretchable material at the top insides of the legs, that extends down about 6 inches or so.

-soupy
I guess the reason for my question is....this is an On-Line store right?? so.....??
Different brands fit differently how do you try on a pair if its on line? To my knowledge they dont have a store around here. BUT, the general guidelines you mention should work on any brand, so that helps. Of course its starting to get warmer here, so.....
Oh well, no biggie.
Ed

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
They have an on-line store but they also have several retail locations. There's one here on Main St. but I think the company is from up there where Miso Soupy lives.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I was "Baiting" you Eye!!:)
I knew I would get a response from You!!:coffeescreen:
LMAO!!
Ed:biggrin:

I cant do "Photo Shopping" or whatever its called. ( Modifying pics)
We need someone who is capable , taking the Soups pic and adding a Ponytail, Doo rag, Leather vest, Tatoos and maybe a HUGE Biker Ring etc.
Any volunteers??
Ed

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,354 Posts
I got mine at Renegade Leathers. A shop local to the Baltimore area.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got mine at Renegade Leathers. A shop local to the Baltimore area.
Anywhere you get them, whatever brand you buy, they are a valuable and worthy purchase.

-soupy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts