Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
i hope everyone okey and well , i am a newbie from uk who bought yamaha yp250r 250cc xmax with a crankshaft broken 馃ぃ i knew it the scooter is faulty but didn't expect that it is so bad 馃ぃ
now trying to fix it
Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Machine tool Automotive wheel system
Wood Asphalt Drill Guitar accessory Gas

Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
Welcome to the forum, looks like a lot of work ahead.

Registered
Best luck with that. Based on what we see here, I can only imagine how bad the rest of the engine is. I suspect you purchased a spare parts bike, (aka basket case) now all you need is a same model scooter that actually runs and you have some used parts to use in the future.

Noobies don't successfully restore badly destroyed engines from pieces. You won't even know when the thing is running good because you have no riding experience to compare it to and every part that has experienced wear or damage needs to be inspected or replaced prior to correct reassembly.
... guessing you probably don't even own a torque wrench yet.

Registered
Welcome aboard from Idaho. Meanwhile, that engine is not worth repairing in my opinion. I'd try to find a used replacement engine, or another motorcycle.

Registered
NRA Life Member
yep.. Im more worried about the case condition, and how many hairline fractures it is hiding.

American Legion Rider
Welcome aboard, from USA. That looks like a search for a different bike to unfortunately. Good luck newbie.

Ace Tuner
Finally... We all seem to be in agreement. That one is toast.

Welcome from the Country of Texas, USA ..:)
S F

1 - 9 of 9 Posts