Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i guess we had a hurricane here. My area flooded up some so ill be leaving late. I had time to think of some farkles i can get for my bike. I will grab me a 7 foot teliscoping spinning rig, and a decent spinning reel sutible for 6lb florocarbon. Ill probubly get some 2lb test for tippets. I should be able to stuff that and a small fillet knife in the little tool tube on the bike. May be odd, but i really cant stand saddle bags or paniers on a bike. To me it wrecks the lines, but im thinking a small tail bag big enough to hold 2 small tackle boxs. 1 with terminal tackle, the other with jigs, worms, minnows, floats and flys. The rig sounds puney, but I caught a 32 inch redfish in a diversionarey canal in Dickinson texas with a similer set up so im thinking this set up will serve me well. Cant wait for spring in arizona!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I once tried to land what must have been a 40 pound salmon on a small rod and spin reel using 4 pound test line. Was a great battle.

Until I woke up.

Good luck on your fishing trip!

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I once tried to land what must have been a 40 pound salmon on a small rod and spin reel using 4 pound test line. Was a great battle.

Until I woke up.

Good luck on your fishing trip!

I only got that red because i hooked it about 2 foot off a riorap covred bank. Had there been any brush that fish would have whooped me and my puney rig. The fight was super fast to. got the hart thumping!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts