Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Smart move - very smart!

I think they look a bit odd from the side, but I bet they will sell well.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,519 Posts
Interesting Idea

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lobbying to get licensing rules relaxed for three wheelers is smart. I think about how quads have taken over the off-road powersports scene from trikes - and even dirt bikes to a large extent - and I wonder if Spyders, Rykers (what does that even mean?) and Slingshots will take over from traditional motorcycles over the next generation. Not for us boomers, obviously, but maybe for the kids that have grown up riding and seeing quads as the easiest-to-drive and most fit-for-purpose option off road.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Perhaps, but I'd say most of us youngins who love powersports will still prefer two wheels over three. I wouldn't mind having a Can Am Spyder to turn into some crazy offroader, but two wheels will always be where my heart's at. :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,519 Posts
Lobbying to get licensing rules relaxed for three wheelers is smart. I think about how quads have taken over the off-road powersports scene from trikes - and even dirt bikes to a large extent - and I wonder if Spyders, Rykers (what does that even mean?) and Slingshots will take over from traditional motorcycles over the next generation. Not for us boomers, obviously, but maybe for the kids that have grown up riding and seeing quads as the easiest-to-drive and most fit-for-purpose option off road.

Ryker is a German boys name, it means rich.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
This is BRP's version of HD's Street models. Targeting new riders as well as some old farts still young at heart. Just for fun I priced a build and I still got it up over $12,000. And it still wouldn't be what I want from a trike. I'm sure some will like it though as you see many strip Spyders down to bare bones.

I do like the driveshaft idea. The length of the belts on Spyders is crazy. So long they get their own vibration at certain speeds if everything isn't just right. And riding on gravel roads so I really like it. I'll be looking to see if I can do a rear-end swap on my wife's RT Limited. I bet it's doable.

Reactions: Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Interesting but we've been going from pavement to dirt/gravel for years on our Spyder. But I do very much like that driveshaft part. We do wonder about just when is that belt going to get something in it requiring a replacement. I doubt I can convert ours to shaft but will be discussing it with the dealer for sure.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hmmm just saw this new Can-am in Rider mag. Not bad for the price but I'm more of a slingshot fan as whenever I see a Can-am cornering fast it looks like the rider is hanging on for dear life. If only they could make one these with a Busa engine, a centered single bucket seat, steering wheel and no bigger than the above Ryker, I'm in.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Not for me, and that is all I have to say.

Plus: Remember CanAm. Bombardier owns Rotax, so they have to build things to keep Rotax busy.

UK

·
Registered
166 Posts
No interest in that at all. Seems like a way of getting around airbags and crash protection required in automobiles by pretending to be a motorcycle.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks fun but I couldn't imagine riding much without a back rest. Ergonomics are like my car, which I couldn't imagine driving much without a back rest. Anyway front end looks weird but for the price these should get a lot of attention. My wife's afraid to get on the back of my motorcycle but she loves these 3 wheelers. I can see replacing my top-heavy Vstrom in the future when I'm too old to fight it someday. Maybe they'll make a Ryker with a pillion seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts