1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Looks interesting

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
I just don't see that working at all. I only have 2 jugs and it can get very warm. Can you imagine 3?

·
14,301 Posts
I got 4 jugs and it is no worse than two.

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Need I remind you, yours are itty bitty. :D

·
14,301 Posts
:(

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
I could almost see it working if they rotated the whole mess 90º. Then you would have something that would look like a Ducati or a boxer BMW but with 3 instead of 2.

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Interesting design.

Just because they patent something does not mean they will build it. Patents are sometimes used defensively to prevent competitors from using a particular design.

Euro 4 regulations kick in in 2016 and Euro 5 in 2020. Those regs continue the trend requiring increasingly cleaner emissions, so it's not likely that BMW will introduce any new large capacity air cooled engines. If a "W" engine configuration is in the works, it's likely to be liquid cooled. BMW just migrated their R1200 series boxer engines from air/oil cooling to liquid/oil cooling.

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hog, there for a minute I thought you were talking about the girl with the 3 cylinders. 90 degrees wouldn't be as nice as 180:biggrin:

Here's a few from the past:http://thekneeslider.com/images/2009/08/moto-guzzi-w103.jpg

http://www.ducati.com/pub/image.do?...dth=634&color=D8D8D8&height=356&ext=image.png

The 4 cylinder Ducati motorcycle was actually produced and sold but if I remember correctly, it was to heavy and not very powerful for the complexity. I believe the Italian police force rode them for a while.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
So long
2,739 Posts
The 4 cylinder Ducati motorcycle was actually produced and sold but if I remember correctly, it was to heavy and not very powerful for the complexity. I believe the Italian police force rode them for a while.

Ducati's MotoGP bike is a V-4.

IIRC the last time Ducati sold a 4-cylinder street bike was the Desmosedici RR in 2008. Weight wasn't a problem. It weighed 377 lbs and made 200 HP!

·
Registered
886 Posts
First they copy(sort of) the Japanese with the S1000rr, now at first look copy Victory or Harley only with three cylinders. Hope it works for as weird as it looks.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
To me, the bike is kinda boring. The only interesting part is the engine. I don't really care for it, but it's interesting.

And being a German design, I'm sure it will be simple and easy to work on.:p

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And that would bother you?;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts