Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Ban Hammer, Try Me.
2009 Ninja 500r
1,366 Posts
So your video?

People are pigs and my biggest complaint is cigarettes flipped out the window, especially when I am behind them. Had one guy dump his entire ashtray one at a stoplight. He had Navy Veteran tags, all I could say is he did not learn anything while in the service.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your video?

People are pigs and my biggest complaint is cigarettes flipped out the window, especially when I am behind them. Had one guy dump his entire ashtray one at a stoplight. He had Navy Veteran tags, all I could say is he did not learn anything while in the service.
Yep, cigarettes ... beaches are full of cigarette butts during the Summer ... waves move these toxic filters into the sea ... people are pigs indeed!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Was in Greece, and Crete, back in 2000. Beautiful places to visit. Hate to think it will all be covered in trash some day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was in Greece, and Crete, back in 2000. Beautiful places to visit. Hate to think it will all be covered in trash some day.
Unfortunately, Greeks have no environmental conscience. I am sad to say so, but it is true for my country.

·
Shadow Moderator
1,223 Posts
George Carlin was a comedian. He made a name for himself and earned a living by saying all sorts of inflammatory things. Who knows what he really believed.

I suppose some people probably (and unfortunately) took him seriously.

·
American Legion Rider
23,178 Posts
George Carlin was a comedian. He made a name for himself and earned a living by saying all sorts of inflammatory things. Who knows what he really believed.

I suppose some people probably (and unfortunately) took him seriously.
It won't be too much longer and all truly funny comedy or maybe even all comedy, will be behind closed doors underground. This political correct stuff is just getting completely out of hand. There are several really funny comedians that wouldn't be allowed to say what they did to laugh at ourselves in todays world.

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Registered
97 CBR900RR, 98 GL1500C, 98 VFR800, 05 VTX1800
363 Posts
This guy is a bad joke himself—a childish approach to life.
Basically, he says: don't give a **** about anything, throw your plastic garbage everywhere and live in a dump.

Nice!
i think you missed the point. get your house in order before you lash out at others.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You clearly don't get it. Enjoy your ignorant world view

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You clearly don't get it. Enjoy your ignorant world view
If someone like me, who never lived in America and never heard anything about George Carlin in his life, watches the particular video posted above then immediately doesn't like what is said about plastics. I understand that George Carlin was a special type of comedian-author-philosopher in America, but judging by that video I personally didn't like him.
Of course, you know who George Carlin was better than me. Many artists of a similar style to George Carlin, existed or exist in Greece ("my house"). They have a subversive opinion about life or society and criticize everything with their own unique style.
So yes, I clearly don't get it like you wouldn't get If I had shown you one video of a similar Greek guy saying things that you disagree.
I enjoy and I prefer my ignorant world view.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The person, country or language has nothing to do with the mesaage.
Judging from your posts, you have an arrogant and self-righteous attitude and believe your opinions are infallible. You disregard everything once you hear what you preceive to be a position you disagree with. You're too close minded to consider the meaning. You are exactly what the video is about and you failing to see that is exactly why it's comedy.

·
Premium Member
8,685 Posts
India and Asian countries have the worst plastic pollution. The rivers are a disaster.
But that does not mean that the rest of us should pollute. We have the technology to be quite clean.
I have been to beaches on the West coast of Vancouver Island. Pretty much deserted places, and seen first hand the crap that washes in from afar. A lot of it is fishing vessel junk. Shirley has probably been to Greece. I can ask her.
Modern plastic bags and such, are biodegradable, but give off gasses when they do.
Why they made them like that escapes me. We are eliminating plastic bags in BC, and I think charge 2 cents for a paper bag. We take our own bags. Most stores sell reusable bags fairly cheap. UK

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,455 Posts
Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. ;);)

Butt(see what I did there??🤭), Everyone only has one A hole. Let's limit opinions to just one, test it and see what happens 🤔😁

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The person, country or language has nothing to do with the mesaage.
Judging from your posts, you have an arrogant and self-righteous attitude and believe your opinions are infallible. You disregard everything once you hear what you preceive to be a position you disagree with. You're too close minded to consider the meaning. You are exactly what the video is about and you failing to see that is exactly why it's comedy.
The missed point is in our dialogue now! You drew an easy conclusion about my character just like I did about George Carlin.
I drew my conclusion about Carlin judging by one video and you did the same about me judging by a couple of sentences.
Anyway ... I think we are getting off-topic.
Thanks for the conversation, I will start watching George Carlin on YouTube to get a better understanding.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts