Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow bikers,
I got my first bike(97 suzuki katana) 8 months ago and have been riding ever since.
Cut a long story short, today I hit a bump in pennsylvania(roads are pretty bad there) and my pipe got caved in. There is not any holes or anything but the whole thing is a mess, and I was wondering if there are any temporary solutions to fix this problem, as I will be leaving US 1.5 half months from now for a full year, and was thinking of selling the bike, so I do not want to invest in the bike a lot. But I would really like to be riding in my time left in the states.
If I really need new pipes I was wondering if pipes from '06 600 katana would fit my bike(found some at ebay, sorry I can't post urls yet).

I attached a picture so you can see the whole deal
Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks hawkaholic, i dont think it has changed, but the sound definitely changed, it sounds like there is somehing rattling, and I was thinking about visiting a friend next week who is 4-5 hours far from me, I just don't want something bad to happen in the middle of the ride there.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I hear ya. I don't know a lot about exhaust systems. I do know that different pipes require different jets in your carbs, and they can drastically effect the way your bike runs from one pipe to the next. Is the one on there stock?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts